Halomods Community Portal: Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX) - Halomods Community Portal

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX)

#41 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Alright, here's an update for my ui.map. The Pics for the maps are now fixed. But, some glitch is causing like three maps' description to not appear. Don't know why. I'm not good editing the ui...

*ui.map (Version 3)(PicsFixed) Download: http://www.mediafire...r5t9vsrzf9u5flk

I'll also post it in the earlier post with the other maps.

#42 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Awesome Winger, I'd love to see pics of it if possible. Have you ever used a trainer before?

Here is Yelo. It can screencap in Halo 1 if you wanted to look into it. It's really easy, you install it to your trainers directory and use a certain app (Xored Trainer Launcher). You choose the trainer, then the game, and viola, you can take screencaps. Can be a bit frustrating if you've never done it, but worthwhile to showcase your Halo1 mods!

Keep up the conversions!

#43 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 16 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Awesome Winger, I'd love to see pics of it if possible. Have you ever used a trainer before?

Here is Yelo. It can screencap in Halo 1 if you wanted to look into it. It's really easy, you install it to your trainers directory and use a certain app (Xored Trainer Launcher). You choose the trainer, then the game, and viola, you can take screencaps. Can be a bit frustrating if you've never done it, but worthwhile to showcase your Halo1 mods!

Keep up the conversions!

yelo doesnt work on modded halos unless im doing something wrong the game freezes when trying to launch modded halo

#44 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postdominater01, on 16 April 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

yelo doesnt work on modded halos unless im doing something wrong the game freezes when trying to launch modded halo

I can't verify as I don't have an Xbox with me, but this might be true (maybe with the 115MB .xbe). I'll have to look into it. I used Yelo a LOT way back when but never had a use for modded halo as I played wiht friends.

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 16 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

#45 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

H1F: Awesome that you're working on a A.I mappack! If you figure out how to actually get those ai maps to work without "dirty disc error" please let me know how
to do it. I converted another A.I map. It's called "Null-Zombies" screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/41u6nzyo9/ screenshot 2: http://postimg.org/image/k8f5ww199/
It has human Flood. It plays well, except that the Flood biped skin looks distorted. I don't know how to fix this. Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire...bq0lng9na3b1ty6 Maybe you can fix it and add it to your mappack. It replaces "beavercreek.map"

nintendo9713: Yep, I tried yelo before. And it does work on the "115 mb patched default.xbe" I remember getting it to work years ago to take screenshots for Halo 1
maps. Also, are you ever going to release your 150 plus maps? I imagine it's going to take a long time to make a ui for each mappack!

dominater01: I was trying to say good work on your mappacks at your website, but I wasn't aloud to because your website said something about not being allowed top
post too soon.

This post has been edited by Winger: 17 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

#46 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

@Winger, I've already made the UI's but they could use a bit of polishing. Not all 150 maps are pure conversions, but majority are. I had at one point downloaded every available .ppf from halomods when that whole war with SourceGuy was going on and the site was being compromised. So when I do get around, some maps are panel mods from literally a decade ago. But I've uploaded my list at modacity.net if you happen to be registered there. I plan to polish things up next month, and I'm in constant contact with BlueBlaze so it's all good. I'm looking forward to a big release this summer of stuff I've had forever, and possibly expanding it. Hosting WILL be an issue but I'll sort it out later.

#47 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

nintendo9713: Sounds good! You're like 343 Guilty Spark-kinda like preserving Halo PPF's/Maps. And about hosting your mappacks how about trying dominatero1's site?
He has pretty much every mappack for Xbox Halo 1 & 2 on there. Plus other Halo xbox mods. Maybe you both can work something there?

And for those of you whom don't have it, this is the 115mb default.xbe patch. Download: http://www.mediafire...bybci7ina5a8bo4 Just patch your retail "default.xbe" with this. The program to patch it is already included.

#48 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

@domaniater, is there anyway you can upload to a better site? I get nothing but ads and a downloadsetup.exe prompt which I obviously am not going to download. Some of those maps I'd like to download.

@Winger, I tried to preserve as much as I can as a hobbyist. As long as my harddrives don't crash in the next month, everything will be organized and polished.

EDIT: I found my SetVersion! Download and keep multiple copies, saves SO much time. Thanks to AngryCamel once again. This changes version to erase cache reload issues between mappacks! So I can have my 20 mappacks in one folder, and not worry about UI.map or accidentally loading bloodgulch.map in 2 separate mappacks (Since the UI is edited)

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 17 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

#49 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

nintendo9713: cool! But, what does it do exactly? And how do you use it? Is this so I don't have to clear cache between mappacks you mean? Thanks.

#50 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hi Winger, I don't even remember the default halo version #, but my default halo maps say 01.10.12.2276 so I take this as fact.

You make a second mappack. You play your normal halo, have a blast, then load your mappack without altering cache. Guess what, your cached ui.map loads instead. Guess what, you load bloodgulch thinking its a modded map but really it pulls the cached cache005.map or whatever it is. So what I did is set my mappacks starting at 01.10.12.2200 and went up to .2211. You don't have to change the first, and if you use this to open AngryCamel's conversion mappack, the # is actually 01.10.12.conv (So you can use letters). As long as they are different, gamesaves should all be there for profiles, and you can load different mappacks. All 20+ mappacks are in one custom menu I've created based off Stig87's Halo 1.5 Ultimate Package. It's very simple and I'll provide a tutorial in the next month.

@Dominator, the bottom 2 mappacks on your list in your forums has 4 maps each. When you get a bit of free time (as the downloads don't work, maybe combine both to save space?

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 17 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

#51 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Ok! I'll wait for your tutorial, nintendo9713.

#52 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

nintendo9713

the reason the links are giving you an exe or whatever is cuz multiupload links are dead so it redirects you somewhere else

also the last mappack that has like 4 maps or whatever i could combine them but then they wouldnt be original mappacks but i might

so every link on my forums are dead sadly i posted those links a couple years ago so there dead

also i havent been on that site in years untill recently

it only had like 10 people but they never stay'd

so i have to reupload all halo 1 mappacks thankfully i found a site with all halo 2 mappacks plus original non modded maps link is in fonums

#53 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

@Winger, if you were to open a .map file in a Hex editor, there would be 7 instances of 01.10.12.2276 throughout that map. Instead of having to hex edit all of these, you can use this program for instant version change! All maps in each mappack MUST have matching #s.

@dominator, Do you have the HaLotar and HaloPlus mappacks still?

#54 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 17 April 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

@Winger, if you were to open a .map file in a Hex editor, there would be 7 instances of 01.10.12.2276 throughout that map. Instead of having to hex edit all of these, you can use this program for instant version change! All maps in each mappack MUST have matching #s.

@dominator, Do you have the HaLotar and HaloPlus mappacks still?

yes i got every mappack thats been released on a backup disc i just have to upload them again

#55 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Now that megaupload is gone, does anyone know a site with long term storage for this? I don't mean DropBox, or ZumoDrive, or GoogleDrive, and mediafire has time limitations with file downloads. I'd like this all stored in somewhat of a safe place besides 2 of my harddrives.

#56 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postnintendo9713, on 17 April 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Now that megaupload is gone, does anyone know a site with long term storage for this? I don't mean DropBox, or ZumoDrive, or GoogleDrive, and mediafire has time limitations with file downloads. I'd like this all stored in somewhat of a safe place besides 2 of my harddrives.

megaupload is back if you didnt know its new site is mega.co.nz > im not bs ing its by the same guy that made megaupload

but what im gonna use is mirrorupload.net it allows file uploading to 12 different hosts also has mega.co.nz as a host > you can choose what 12 hosts you want

you upload 1 file to mirrorupload.net and when its done it will upload to other sites and give you links when its done

#57 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

nintendo9713: Alright, I think I understand. So, each map will have the very same matching instances assigned to them; like "01.10.12.ce01" for example and this will cause the mappack to create its own cache in the x, y, z partitions? Then in the next mappack assign "01.10.12.ce02" to each map, and so on, etc..

#58 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostWinger, on 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

nintendo9713: Alright, I think I understand. So, each map will have the very same matching instances assigned to them; like "01.10.12.ce01" for example and this will cause the mappack to create its own cache in the x, y, z partitions? Then in the next mappack assign "01.10.12.ce02" to each map, and so on, etc..

Yes. I made versions for all of them with numbers, so I'll continue it when I pick it back up.

&dominator, sounds good, looking forward to a download.

Keep converting maps and trying to fix 'em!

#59 User is offline   Blublaze94 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

@Winger, I do actually plan to release my mod as soon as it is finished, maybe even a beta version before, oh and sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I've been very busy.

#60 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Blublaze94: Thanks for your response. A beta release sounds good. I wonder how you got the Covenant Drop Ships to be destructable? Is it only going to be one map, or will it be all the campaign maps that you're planning to modify? Also, I remember you saying that you might be releasing a Multiplayer mappack. Will they be conversions?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic