Halomods Community Portal: Eschaton 0.8.2 win - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
Eschaton 0.8.2 win

How do you get this Program to load map(s)?

#1 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

I came across a program called: "Eschaton 0.8.2 win." But, I can't get it to load a map.When I try to open a map I get this: "An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down." My PC has Windows 7, 64bit (if it helps). I'm trying to Increase number of AI in campaign mode for Xbox Halo 1 with this program, and maybe even switch enemy A.I. around in Campaign maps as well. But, I can't get this program to work. Is anyone familiar with this program? Thanks.

This post has been edited by Winger: 02 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

#2 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I don't seem to remember eschaton supporting xbox maps. HMT or HHT would be what you want for meta editing/etc. You would also need to uncompress the maps with something like dothalo in order to get them to load in either programs.

#3 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostWholfe, on 04 October 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I don't seem to remember eschaton supporting xbox maps. HMT or HHT would be what you want for meta editing/etc. You would also need to uncompress the maps with something like dothalo in order to get them to load in either programs.

Thanks for responding, Wholfe. Yep, it supports Xbox maps. This is what I read online: "Edit: Updated to 0.82 which fixes the problem with reading xbox maps. Xbox maps can be opened and expanded but not rebuilt." That defininately got me interested. there's this TUT I want to try out with it to edit the number of enemy Ai spawns to a higher number. You said to use HMT or HHT. Answers to how to bump the Ai spawns in Campaign maps pretty much aren't available anywhere. I've been searching for years. Of course, I'm interested for the Xbox version. Can you please give me some pointers on how to do it with the tools you mentioned? Thanks.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention that now for some reason Dothalo won't open my Xbox-Halo 1 & 2 Maps. I get "Mishandled exceptions."

Edit 2: Ok. I opened up fresh maps with dothalo and it was fine. But, it won't save the maps as decompressed. So I used HHT to decompress the maps and keep them decompressed. I opened them with Eschaton 0.8.2 win and it loads fine now. A question I have is that how do I edit the enemy,ally Ai spawn count if "Encounters" isn't available to be seen? I'm also trying to extract Flood AI from maps in which they appear to put them in the first level in Campaign, for example.

This post has been edited by Winger: 05 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

#4 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Your asking to do more than simple meta editing/reference swapping. I'm afraid thats out of my area of knowledge for xbox modding. There are programs that can convert custom maps (sapien edited/extra tags) to work with the xbox.

But editing an encounter requires usage of sapien most certainly.

#5 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

That's ok, Wholfe. Thanks for helping me earlier with my first question. I scrolled down and loaded scnr:scenario. I clicked on meta editor. Then I carefully scrolled down to "encounters" (because it scrolls too much & too fast if not careful you'll miss it). Under encounters choose your chunk (ex. chunk 1, chunk 2, chunk 3, etc). Above the chunk (under actor pallette it will tell you next to dependency name actv so you'll know what character it represents).Scroll down scroll down a little further until you see int16. Next to it is a number to edit and next to it is normal diff count. Change the spawn number to your liking. Below it is another int16 with a number next to it, but this time it has insane diff count next to the number. Change the number to your liking, too. From what I can tell this Tool has a automated save function. Edit all the chunks that you want to your liking. when you're done simply compress the map and TEST it.

Edit 1: The next thing I'm interested in doing is importing Flood AI, Hunter AI to SP Maps in which they don't appear in. Does anyone know how to do this?

This post has been edited by Winger: 05 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

#6 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Map rebuilding. Eschaton has everything you need to do it. "expand" a map in eschaton and you can grab tags from that map to build into another map. Though its been years since I have done such, and i don't remember the exact process. But its easy enough to pickup. You could see if any old tutorials are still around on the internet for "map rebuilding".

#7 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

I found a Tutorial for extracing Other A.I. from one SP map and then importing them into another map. But, unfortunately Eschaton can only expand XBOX1 maps and allow editing, can't rebuild Xbox1 maps. It would be great if I could simply import the ai into the map, save the map that way, then rebuild the map with a different program until a new update of eschaton allows rebuilding of Xbox1 maps is released.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic