2nd Gen
BullDog and Physics tags

Halo CE

#1 User is offline   YesUar 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've been searching for some days on how to get this BullDog Motorcycle to work in my map.

Simply placing it in Sapien will cause Sapien to crash
so i looked for the reasons why and found that it's the .physics tag causing the problem
it's actually using a warthog physics tag.

So i deleted this tag and the crashing stopped, but when i went to place the bike on the map, nothing shows.

I replaced the .physics tag with other physics tags and the bike shows in Sapien but not in the game.

How can i get this to work ?

This is for Halo CE, The Topic Prefix didn't give me the Option for posting it in the other forum

This post has been edited by YesUar: 11 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi YesUar, it's been quite a while (and I did this on Xbox, not Halo:CE) but if it's the proper tag for CE, it shouldn't cause a crash. I don't recall the BullDog ever being released publicly (it was in a protected map) but I know you could still get the tag as I got it for Xbox. When you download an 'offically' released vehicle tag, it should just be a folder as the name of the vehicle you place in your tags directory for CE and the drag the .vehicle into Sapien (if you're on Xbox, you must edit the globals tag, not sure if necessary on CE, never did it).

However, always make sure when testing this type of stuff, MAKE SURE YOUR GAMETYPE HAS VEHICLES SET TO ALL. I failed that a hundred times over the years. Check out hce.halomaps.org for a tutorial about this, they have a decent section.

#3 User is offline   YesUar 

• Pip
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 11 October 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hi YesUar, it's been quite a while (and I did this on Xbox, not Halo:CE) but if it's the proper tag for CE, it shouldn't cause a crash. I don't recall the BullDog ever being released publicly (it was in a protected map) but I know you could still get the tag as I got it for Xbox. When you download an 'offically' released vehicle tag, it should just be a folder as the name of the vehicle you place in your tags directory for CE and the drag the .vehicle into Sapien (if you're on Xbox, you must edit the globals tag, not sure if necessary on CE, never did it).

However, always make sure when testing this type of stuff, MAKE SURE YOUR GAMETYPE HAS VEHICLES SET TO ALL. I failed that a hundred times over the years. Check out hce.halomaps.org for a tutorial about this, they have a decent section.

Thanks for replying

I did get the tag from HaloMaps once before and it didn't work
I then extracted it using HEK....didn't work

it is possible that something must be changed in the globals tag

does the vehicle need to be added to the vehicles list ?

I'm quite new at all of this and i just found out about the globals tag today for another reason

and last question, where do i set the vehicles to all at ?

This post has been edited by YesUar: 11 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I can vouch on xbox the globals tag permitted 3 vehicles per map. You could have however many built into the map structure, but only 3 would spawn, and those 3 were listed under the .globals

Now, with Halo :CE, I was always under hte impression you have a tags folder, you download custom content (scenery, weapon, vehicle) and so if you extracted / downloaded the bulldog, you should have a folder called BullDog (I had this folder for xbox). You'd simply put it in your C:/~/tags/vehicles folder and then using sapien (or guerilla) drag the .vehicle into the map, and every tag dependence would be loaded into the map and saved. I never had errors with 'official' releases, but I never extracted tags.

I know this isn't an answer to your question but I just wanted to share my experience (although very long ago). Bottom line is it shouldn't be difficult and an error would be a missing tag dependence whether it's a texture under bitmaps or somewhere else int he tag root directory.

#5 User is offline   YesUar 

• Pip
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I got it to work
i had to add the tag to globals, and i changed the physics tag that was causing sapien to crash
also in the bulldog vehicle tag, i had to open it in guerrilla and in the vehicles section, i had to change the label from BD-driver to G-driver

#6 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Awesome! Enjoy it, that was easily one of my favorite vehicles made for Halo:CE.

#7 User is offline   YesUar 

• Pip
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thanks

#8 User is offline   MEGAVKNG 

• PipPip

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

The bulldogs the motorcycle in Chronopolis right?

#9 User is offline   jackrabbit72380 

• ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
  • PipPip
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostMEGAVKNG, on 26 October 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

The bulldogs the motorcycle in Chronopolis right?

yeah the first version
but the physics will need to be remade i have a perfect version but its not for public c

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic