Halomods Community Portal: A little update on SPV3... - Halomods Community Portal

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A little update on SPV3...

#1 User is online   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

I posted this at Halomaps, as the halomods forums were down for a few days when I wrote this but hey.... better late than never?

So I realize it’s been quite some time since we’ve talked about SPV3 in public, and while I don’t have anything quite yet to show, I figure you all deserve an update on where things stand since our showing at CE3. If you haven’t been following the past several months, heres the highlights of what’s been going on.

1. B40 (AOTCR) will be featured in our first set of maps we release, alongside A10, A30, A50 (re-release) and SPV3 edition of B30:E..

2. There will be armor abilities like Halo Reach and Halo 4. We have currently announced that Sprint, Health Regen, Active Camo, VISR, Flashlight will all be available in the first half of campaign.

3. The weekly vidoc series was put on hold due to my main computer crapping out. Now that I have a new computer, we hope to resume those in coming weeks.

4. In released videos, some grunts held a carbine like weapon. This was our carbine based boltshot, but it has since been removed from the mod and will not be returning for multiple reasons.

5. At CE3 we also announced two new Covenant carbine class weapons. The first is the Particle Carbine, which functions much like the H4 Carbine, but fires beam rifle like shots rather than physical rounds. It also has a heat meter, like most other covenant weapons. The second is the Focus Carbine, which resembles the Focus Rifle from Reach. It has to focus it’s beam when fired, and is more effective vs shields than flesh, making it a useful long range shield stripping weapon.

6. We have Skirmishers.

7. We have a working mantis prototype.

So what actual new news do I bring to you? Well, I figure it be best to recap what’s going on with each level so far.

A10 (POA): This level has become quite the thorn in our side. This and T&R are the only levels that are built off of their SPV2 maps, which you can imagine has led to some problems. In SPV2’s public beta, we included several new BSPS, NA-NL. Most of these as you know, were BORING. So here is where the level stands. BSPs, NB, NI, NK, and NL have all been removed and replaced. NB and NI have gained new areas built from Mousetrap, which was a POA styled remake built by Arteen. NK and NL have been removed, and will be replaced by the Engine room from The Maw. BSPs NE, NF, NG, and NH are completely removed. Lastly, BSP ND, which was the second Boarding Action room, has been revised and edited.

A30 (Halo): We spoke a lot about this map when we announced SPV3, and the “Alpha Base” area has undergone several changes since then. We also have added a second new BSP, which has some cool alpine combat, and plays out like a mini version of the last section of A30, where you can take several paths to save some marines who have been taken prisoners by the Brutes. We’ve added a fair amount of vehicle combat to it, as well as some longer range combat with our new covenant carbine weapons, in addition to the Skirmishers from Halo Reach. And yes, they do know how to jump up onto the towers.

A50 (Truth and Reconciliation): The public release was quite… disappointing to say the least, with very few changes in combat compared to the SPV2 version or even stock. This level now contains several AA’s, allowing you to tackle encounters differently than you ever have before using Sprint and Active Camo, which are actually usable since we’ve brightened the level to the point where VISR is no longer a requirement. We’ve also done some work to improve performance in the exterior, although we’ve yet to get it back to the performance the stock level had. The level is planned to feature the Mantis in an all new fight at the gravity life, as well as our long range Jackal variants so the Covenant can finally counter your Sniper Rifle. It is also the first level to feature our 4 preset Loadouts, which will let you approach the level differently on subsequent play throughs.

B40 (AOTCR): Still early in development, we plan to keep the most interesting BSPs from SPV2. We actually hit a limit in the SPV2 version where we had more than 1024 AI squads… oops! So things have to be toned down here again. In addition to new exterior locations.. we are looking into replacing some of the copy and pasted rooms bungie did in the original. Lastly, we have made the last elevator rooms optional, and have given the player an alternate path down to the control room if they do not hijack the banshee’s on the bridge. These rooms may simply be removed if we find we need the squad space in the map. In the event the player does take a banshee, we have scripted extra events to happen so that the enemies on the pyramid do spawn.

So that’s all we have to say on SPV3 at the moment, but I do hope to get you some pictures and videos of content soon! I know people have been wanting DMR, AR, and Brute vidocs, so those are all up next on the list!

#2 User is offline   MasterCuddles 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sounds great. Can't wait to give them a go.

#3 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Great! :)

#4 User is offline   4RBiT3R 

• Pip

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to see the mantis in HCE!

#5 User is offline   snehil 

• PipPip

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

What is skrimishers , mantis, NB, NI, NK, NB, NE, NG, NH, ND?

#6 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hi snehil, skimishers are just a type of "jackal" AI you can find on the Halo wiki as well as the Mantis is the "mech" in Halo 4 (vehicle). As for all the "N_", they appear to me as custom BSP(s) found within the custom campaign levels. Say the first level A10 (pillar of autumn) has 10 BSP models, it will have bsp_a --> bsp_j. Their "N_" seem to stand for "New a", "New b", etc, as they are CMT and provide custom content.

Please correct me if I am wrong (anyone who is also reading this), as I don't want to be confused either.

But back on topic, glad to see the update.

#7 User is online   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

^This man is correct.

#8 User is offline   snehil 

• PipPip

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 30 November 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hi snehil, skimishers are just a type of "jackal" AI you can find on the Halo wiki as well as the Mantis is the "mech" in Halo 4 (vehicle). As for all the "N_", they appear to me as custom BSP(s) found within the custom campaign levels. Say the first level A10 (pillar of autumn) has 10 BSP models, it will have bsp_a --> bsp_j. Their "N_" seem to stand for "New a", "New b", etc, as they are CMT and provide custom content.

Please correct me if I am wrong (anyone who is also reading this), as I don't want to be confused either.

But back on topic, glad to see the update.

Thanks

#9 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• I'm invincible and you're not.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thank you for the update Masterz. :P

#10 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Can't wait for the release

#11 User is offline   snehil 

• PipPip

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

In the T&R of SPV3, there was a option called disable dynamic lighning in tools menu suboption. I want to disable it permanently, because i have to do it every time the game starts. Can you please tell me how to do it permanently?

#12 User is online   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

There should be a way to do it with console commands, and I believe OS has the ability to have the game run commands at startup. How you do that, I do not know, but I'm sure if you asked in the OS thread someone would be able to help.

#13 User is offline   boogerlad 

• PipPip

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

http://code.google.c..._Halo1_Settings
I think the setting you're looking for is <SpecularLighting>

#14 User is offline   TRiderxD 

• PipPip

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

hey I have some question about the current SPV3:
#1: will this version have the secret and easter eggs?
#2: Is there gravity hammer, can we use it and the energy sword?
#3: Is there banshee boostr?
#4:will the flood brute look like?
#5: can we use hunter guns?
#6: I found this video on you tube can you make this?

#7: I found this brute "mini shotgun" in H3 style campaign of Zigadirasu,not Ifafudafi like the man in this topic said http://www.halomods....700-yahooooooo/, can you add this gun to gameplay
Posted Image
#8: as I know, there must be an elite inside the wraith to drive it, where is it now ( the elite)??

#15 User is offline   xXR0B0STEELxX 

• PipPip

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

You will find the answer to almost all of them questions if you spent a minute of your time reading one of the other hundred posts about them.

#16 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostxXR0B0STEELxX, on 12 December 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

You will find the answer to almost all of them questions if you spent a minute of your time reading one of the other hundred posts about them.

^^^ He's got a point, also look threw The Halomaps Forum Post here. You may find some of your questions already answered there as well.

#17 User is offline   TRiderxD 

• PipPip

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

oh my........, write the answer for me please, I am studying, so I dont have many times to do that

#18 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostTRiderxD, on 13 December 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

oh my........, write the answer for me please, I am studying, so I dont have many times to do that

The main reason I didn't answer you is because I would have to run around and search threw everything like you would because it would bug me if I was to answer some things wrong and also, I'm not part of CMT so I shouldn't or don't feel it's my part to answer these questions. It's not that I don't want to.

This post has been edited by TailsTheGamer: 13 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

#19 User is online   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

To be fair, that halomaps thread is full of spam and useless shit. anyway.

#1: SPV3 will have different eggs than the previously released map. People who go exploring will be rewarded with things such as weapons, vehicles, and AA's that they would not normally be able to acquire until later in the game.
#2: No plans for melee weapons like the other halo games.
#3: no plans yet, but the banshee isn't going to be player usable outside a brief part on AOTCR until the second half of campaign, where we will look into adding it.
#4:Flood +Brutes
#5: Yep
#6: We will soon have reticule bloom on select weapons.
#7: We have much cooler guns than lame maulers.

#20 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 13 December 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

To be fair, that halomaps thread is full of spam and useless shit. anyway.

#1: SPV3 will have different eggs than the previously released map. People who go exploring will be rewarded with things such as weapons, vehicles, and AA's that they would not normally be able to acquire until later in the game.
#2: No plans for melee weapons like the other halo games.
#3: no plans yet, but the banshee isn't going to be player usable outside a brief part on AOTCR until the second half of campaign, where we will look into adding it.
#4:Flood +Brutes
#5: Yep
#6: We will soon have reticule bloom on select weapons.
#7: We have much cooler guns than lame maulers.

That's very true and I never liked the maulers unless dual wielding them as I find them to be under powered alone.

This post has been edited by TailsTheGamer: 13 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users