1. B40 (AOTCR) will be featured in our first set of maps we release, alongside A10, A30, A50 (re-release) and SPV3 edition of B30:E..
2. There will be armor abilities like Halo Reach and Halo 4. We have currently announced that Sprint, Health Regen, Active Camo, VISR, Flashlight will all be available in the first half of campaign.
3. The weekly vidoc series was put on hold due to my main computer crapping out. Now that I have a new computer, we hope to resume those in coming weeks.
4. In released videos, some grunts held a carbine like weapon. This was our carbine based boltshot, but it has since been removed from the mod and will not be returning for multiple reasons.
5. At CE3 we also announced two new Covenant carbine class weapons. The first is the Particle Carbine, which functions much like the H4 Carbine, but fires beam rifle like shots rather than physical rounds. It also has a heat meter, like most other covenant weapons. The second is the Focus Carbine, which resembles the Focus Rifle from Reach. It has to focus it’s beam when fired, and is more effective vs shields than flesh, making it a useful long range shield stripping weapon.
6. We have Skirmishers.
7. We have a working mantis prototype.
So what actual new news do I bring to you? Well, I figure it be best to recap what’s going on with each level so far.
A10 (POA): This level has become quite the thorn in our side. This and T&R are the only levels that are built off of their SPV2 maps, which you can imagine has led to some problems. In SPV2’s public beta, we included several new BSPS, NA-NL. Most of these as you know, were BORING. So here is where the level stands. BSPs, NB, NI, NK, and NL have all been removed and replaced. NB and NI have gained new areas built from Mousetrap, which was a POA styled remake built by Arteen. NK and NL have been removed, and will be replaced by the Engine room from The Maw. BSPs NE, NF, NG, and NH are completely removed. Lastly, BSP ND, which was the second Boarding Action room, has been revised and edited.
A30 (Halo): We spoke a lot about this map when we announced SPV3, and the “Alpha Base” area has undergone several changes since then. We also have added a second new BSP, which has some cool alpine combat, and plays out like a mini version of the last section of A30, where you can take several paths to save some marines who have been taken prisoners by the Brutes. We’ve added a fair amount of vehicle combat to it, as well as some longer range combat with our new covenant carbine weapons, in addition to the Skirmishers from Halo Reach. And yes, they do know how to jump up onto the towers.
A50 (Truth and Reconciliation): The public release was quite… disappointing to say the least, with very few changes in combat compared to the SPV2 version or even stock. This level now contains several AA’s, allowing you to tackle encounters differently than you ever have before using Sprint and Active Camo, which are actually usable since we’ve brightened the level to the point where VISR is no longer a requirement. We’ve also done some work to improve performance in the exterior, although we’ve yet to get it back to the performance the stock level had. The level is planned to feature the Mantis in an all new fight at the gravity life, as well as our long range Jackal variants so the Covenant can finally counter your Sniper Rifle. It is also the first level to feature our 4 preset Loadouts, which will let you approach the level differently on subsequent play throughs.
B40 (AOTCR): Still early in development, we plan to keep the most interesting BSPs from SPV2. We actually hit a limit in the SPV2 version where we had more than 1024 AI squads… oops! So things have to be toned down here again. In addition to new exterior locations.. we are looking into replacing some of the copy and pasted rooms bungie did in the original. Lastly, we have made the last elevator rooms optional, and have given the player an alternate path down to the control room if they do not hijack the banshee’s on the bridge. These rooms may simply be removed if we find we need the squad space in the map. In the event the player does take a banshee, we have scripted extra events to happen so that the enemies on the pyramid do spawn.
So that’s all we have to say on SPV3 at the moment, but I do hope to get you some pictures and videos of content soon! I know people have been wanting DMR, AR, and Brute vidocs, so those are all up next on the list!