Halomods Community Portal: A little update on SPV3... - Halomods Community Portal

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A little update on SPV3...

#41 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

Gravity Hammers will not work correctly in campaign until we can get an effect to play instead of a sound in an animation keyframe.

Regardless, the gravity hammer will not be making an appearance in SPV3, even as an egg.

#42 User is offline   TRiderxD 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

Oh, c'mon!! Nothing update until now??? This is 5th February..-_-...Alright, can i see the human flood's clothes???(the old clothes is too ugly, not match with the beautiful current SPV3)

#43 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostTRiderxD, on 05 February 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

Oh, c'mon!! Nothing update until now??? This is 5th February..-_-/>...Alright, can i see the human flood's clothes???(the old clothes is too ugly, not match with the beautiful current SPV3)

As far as I know, CMT is not working on C10, C20, D20, D40 maps. So, they are not working with flood yet.
As I noticed, SPV3 first map set will be up to Assault on the Control Room (I guess it was B40).

A10 - The Pillar of Autumn
A30 - Halo
A50 - The Truth and Reconciliation
B30 - The Silent Cartographer
B40 - Assault on The Control Room
----------------------------------
C10 - 343 Guilty Spark
C20 - The Library
C40 - Two Betrayals
D20 - Keyes
D40 - The Maw

#44 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Dear CMT,
Would you be so kind and give us some details about SPV3?
Anything?

Thank you in advance :)

#45 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

B40 interiors are a hell of a lot of fun when you use the Active Cammo AA to try to stealth your way through every encounter on Legendary. Also there is no more easy difficulty, it's been transformed into our new Noble difficulty which is one step above Legendary.

#46 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 12 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

B40 interiors are a hell of a lot of fun when you use the Active Cammo AA to try to stealth your way through every encounter on Legendary. Also there is no more easy difficulty, it's been transformed into our new Noble difficulty which is one step above Legendary.

That sounds insane, given that Legendary difficulty on A50 in SPV3 was ridiculously difficult as it was.

#47 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Noble difficulty? Sounds like Mythic ;)
I Wonder what you put into this difficulty. Shelds not recharging without helthpack? More enemies with Active Cammo?

#48 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Y U NO RETAIN EASY DIFFICULTY AND ADD NOBLE?

This post has been edited by 2kool2snip3: 17 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

#49 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostHenskelion, on 13 February 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

That sounds insane, given that Legendary difficulty on A50 in SPV3 was ridiculously difficult as it was.

The released A50 is more of a demo than anything else, the gameplay in that has almost nothing in common with the current SPV3 tagset, nor was that released designed or tested around being played on Legendary.

View PostKili, on 13 February 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Noble difficulty? Sounds like Mythic ;)/>
I Wonder what you put into this difficulty. Shelds not recharging without helthpack? More enemies with Active Cammo?

Part of it is different multipliers for the enemies, as well as some unique encounters and less gear for you to find on the maps.

View Post2kool2snip3, on 17 February 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

Y U NO RETAIN EASY DIFFICULTY AND ADD NOBLE?

Because we need one of the difficulty slots to use to apply our new multipliers for enemies and difficulty specific scripts. We spend hours and hours testing SPV3 to be the best Halo experience you can ask for, and that means tuning the entire thing over and over again for awesome gameplay. The higher the difficulty, the more complex the combat becomes and the more you need to master the sandbox to beat the levels. If someone sucks at Halo that much they need to play on easy... well there's devmode. We're not going to cater to people who aren't interested in playing our mod as it was designed to be played, and there are many more people who will enjoy Noble compared to Easy.

#50 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Sounds awesome. I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere but are there any plans for Noble that add cutscene/gameplay? Or it's just "less ammo / harder to kill enemeies / more enemies / harder enemies earlier on"?

#51 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Eventually it will have its own added encounters and stuff. Perhaps I will make a video soon for youtube talking about Noble difficulty.

#52 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationATX

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 20 February 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Eventually it will have its own added encounters and stuff. Perhaps I will make a video soon for youtube talking about Noble difficulty.

sounds good, and will we be seeing a return of halo2 jetpack elites? I'm not requesting it or anything but I was playing an older mod and thought they were an interesting enemy to encounter.

This post has been edited by GreatCesar1: 22 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

#53 User is offline   Scoopicus 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

I'm not sure if this question goes here (I'm new, just signed up to ask this question in fact) so correct me if I'm posting in the wrong area, but what are some of the features that we can turn on and off? Don't get me wrong, AAs and the Mantis are definitely cool and I know others will want to use them, but I'm personally looking for a more updated yet classic experience. Are these features and some of the others that are inspired by other games able to be toggled on and off?

#54 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

@Great Cesar1: Jetpack elites aren't planned to be back as they aren't terribly good enemies to fight, given CE's limitations.

@Scoopicus: Welcome to the forums, and yep this is the right place to ask it. The AA's you are never forced to pick up (you always start with flashlight), although you will most definitely want to use VISR for Truth and Reconciliation. I'd be surprised if when you play you don't want to use them, as they perform nothing like Reach, and nothing like H4's. The only 2 from those games is Sprint and Active Camo, with the Active Camo performing just like Halo 1's but with a much shorter timer. The mantis for now has been removed, and will be introduced into the second half of Campaign, but we never will force you to use one and will always provide alternatives to it, whether it be on foot combat, a tank (Human or Covenant), or the Warthog. In the second half of campaign, you are planned to fight them though, so you won't be able to avoid that. As far as weapons and enemies go, there is no avoiding new enemies and you can of course choose which weapons you want to use. The weapons from H1 have undergone very few changes (the AR though has had it's H1 behavior transplanted into the SMG), with the pistol having the most significant changes although it still plays very similarly to Halo 1's.

#55 User is offline   Scoopicus 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for answering my question. I was mostly referring to the AAs and the Mantis; I fully look forward to the new weapons, enemies and level redesigns after playing the Truth and Reconciliation release. Fighting the Mantises doesn't sound so bad. (on the contrary, that actually sounds pretty interesting; I wanna see how it turns out)

This post has been edited by Scoopicus: 07 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

#56 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Well it's interesting you are looking forward to those, as the Mantis and AA's are a far smaller change to the gameplay than the other things we have shown we are introducing. The AA's from Reach really put a bad taste in everyones mouth, but we've designed ours to be far less invasive on the gameplay than theirs. The Mantis is really just a tank with different movement and of course, different weapons, and it is pretty evenly matched against the Grizzle (Mantis is weaker but has accurate weapons, Grizzle is stronger but has less accurate weapon).

#57 User is offline   snehil 

• PipPip

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

I'd may be late to ask, but at least make Truth & Reconciliation more brighter so that VISR is not compulsory. I'm saying so because i dont have shader model 3.0.

#58 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Already been done.

#59 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationATX

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

another minor question... will the faces of humans/marines be re-textured and/or redesigned?

This post has been edited by GreatCesar1: 08 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

#60 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Has yet to be decided. If it is done it will be near the tail end before release.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic