Halomods Community Portal: Is it possible to rebind "Menu Accept" in Halo PC? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_PC\Mac
Is it possible to rebind "Menu Accept" in Halo PC?

#1 User is offline   goatrope 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hi!

Here is the "Menu Accept" key binding, which is greyed out: http://i.imgur.com/VP8ClFi.jpg

I'm working on speedrunning Halo PC and I'm finding that pressing Enter to skip cutscenes/prompts is pretty annoying to do, so I'm hoping to be able to rebind it to a more convenient key. I looked for a .ini or .cfg file to edit but there doesn't appear to be anything easily accessible. My best guess is that blam.sav in Documents/My Games/Halo/savegames/ProfileName is the file containing keybinds, but opening it in a text editor just appears as a wall of nonsense symbols.

So is it possible to edit this keybind? Thanks!

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I can try taking a look at the game code later, to see what's up. You won't find a text file or the like for these settings, are they're all stored in the user profile which is a binary file.

I'm strictly a Custom Edition user...in our console we can execute "bind" commands (I forget the exact parameters off hand). IDK if HPC allows this or if "bind" directly blocks remapping of Menu Accept as well

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic