Halomods Community Portal: Using grenades as projectiles for the shotgun - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2_PC
Using grenades as projectiles for the shotgun

#1 User is offline   ec0nti 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hey guys.
I'm trying to use grenades as the projectile for the shotgun. I'm using Gravemind 1.5
So far, I've set them as the projectile, which works great. The problem is that only some of them actually fire, and some just drop at my feet. As you can imagine that makes it interesting to use.
I've tried changing the projectile spread in the shotgun meta itself. No change.
Also tried upping the initial speed of the grenade in projectile. That didn't change much either. Just means that I can do a massive hail mary when throwing a grenade normally.

How can I make it functional?

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hey ec0nti, I had the same problem for Halo 2 on Xbox. I was testing out chain spawning and when I would shoot a frag grenade from a simple [proj] swap, it just fell at my feet.

I found in the Halomods Archive this piece:

2. Change Plasma Rifle Ammo into Plasma Grenades
Go to the weap tag and switch the proj dependency with that of the plasma grenade. You'll have to go to the proj tag and give the stickies speed though.

It's been a while since I've done it and don't have a setup, but I hope this sets you on the right path. Good luck!

#3 User is offline   ec0nti 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

By speed, do you mean final speed? Or just give them some initial?
I would prefer to have it so that when I throw a grenade they actually stop.
Thanks.

-edit-
Tried the frag on the SMG, and it works. So it's the shotgun that's having a problem with it. Do grenades collide with each other? Because if they all appear at the same time and collide, that would start to explain why they don't go forwards.

This post has been edited by ec0nti: 05 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work for shotgun but with SMG, but that isn't a bad theory about the collision of all of them spawning in one area. I did wraith bullets for shotgun and other guns used grenades when I did chainspawning. If you want to debug it, I'd recommend changing shotgun projectiles fired to one, and increase it by one and see how it affects it.

#5 User is offline   ec0nti 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

It'd sort of make sense, because they have a collision model and all that.
I would try it but my copy of 2 has decided that crashing the computer at random points is a great thing to do, and so it's more hassle than it's worth.

In case anybody else happens to stumble onto this thread from a Google search, or whatever else, grenades with the shotgun just don't work. Use them on the SMG or something.

#6 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNo.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I think it would be best to start with osmething a bit easier with alot of pizzaz might i suggest logs

#7 User is offline   ec0nti 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostCuda, on 06 March 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

I think it would be best to start with osmething a bit easier with alot of pizzaz might i suggest logs

I don't understand what you mean.

#8 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Ignore him, he spammed multiple recent topics a few days ago.

#9 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

I suggest you take a look at the rocket projectile/weapon to see how it works.

#10 User is offline   hexthat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCali

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

edit the physics of the projectile being shot, this will change the speed that they fly threw the air

if you want them to explode at a set distance then change the detonation of the projectile being shot

you can make them follow people too

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic