Halomods Community Portal: Deep Freeze (upcoming mod) *pics* - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Deep Freeze (upcoming mod) *pics*

#1 User is offline   Sopor 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

Updated pics as of 17/04/14. Been working on this for over a month now

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by Sopor: 18 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

That's awesome! Environment looks great. Is this just for a single player encounter, and do you have any plans on any other modifications besides the BR?

#3 User is offline   Sopor 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 19 March 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

That's awesome! Environment looks great. Is this just for a single player encounter, and do you have any plans on any other modifications besides the BR?

Thank you, and yes, I'm planning more modifications, maybe laser-sighted weapons, shader edits, complete skinning and AI editing

It's a multiplayer map, you can play it locally on your console with up to 4 players (I think this could lag the game, because there are 27 AI units already on the map), I don't think this would work over system link because of the AI and scripting, although that would be very cool.

#4 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

Great work. Good to see people are still making Xbox mods. Cool that you added AI. Are you also going to add Flood AI. Sorry if this is off topic, but do you know how to import the Flood into SP (single player) maps in which they don't appear at all so that they now appear, like let's say the very first level map? Thanks. Also, it would be cool if you can add the Flood with crawl out of ground animations, like Zombies.

This post has been edited by Winger: 20 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

#5 User is offline   Sopor 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostWinger, on 20 March 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

Great work. Good to see people are still making Xbox mods. Cool that you added AI. Are you also going to add Flood AI. Sorry if this is off topic, but do you know how to import the Flood into SP (single player) maps in which they don't appear at all so that they now appear, like let's say the very first level map? Thanks. Also, it would be cool if you can add the Flood with crawl out of ground animations, like Zombies.

Nope buddy, it's just spartans vs elites (but it's still WIP, I may change my mind later)

I have never tried it, but I know some ways you can try:

*Open SP map with Flood in Entity
*Navigate to the "[char] Character" tag
*Select yout desired flood character
*Check the boxes "Recursive", "Parsed" and "Sounds" and hit "Save"
*Pick a folder (preferably a new one) to extract your character to
*Once done, close your map and open the SP map you want to add Floods to.
*In the menu, click "Build"
*Navigate to the folder where you saved your Flood character and select the .info file.
*Once done, ¡Congrats! You successfully added a Flood character (AI) to your map, now it's time to spawn it.

Now there are two ways to proceed, if you want to make every specific biped a Flood (like, turn all grunts to Floods) then follow "A" method. (If you want to make floods specific characters that are spawn at once (for example, your starting marine team or the first Covenant squad you face) then follow "B" method):

"A" Method:

*Navigate to char tag and select your desired biped you want to turn to a flood, like a grunt
*Right click on the "Reflexives" window (the white one with loads of text) and Right click -> Display -> Idents
*Search for the Ident that points to [bipd] tag
*Hit right click and click "Swap".
*On the box that just popped up, click the right arrow and select your Flood's biped tag
*Once selected, hit swap
*Now every grunt (or the character you picked) in the level is a Flood

"B" method (you need a [scnr] plugin that can handle AI squads)

*Navigate to [scnr] tag, select your maps scenario and click on the menu "Meta tools -> Meta editor"
*Scroll down until you see "AI squads"
*Pick a AI squad (you can't really know which is which, but regularly they are sorted in order of spawning, so for example, the first Enemies you'll fight will be the first squads, you can kinda guess which squad is which by the squad's name)
*Scroll down a little bit until you see "Starting locations"
*Every "Starting location" chuck is one AI unit, pick any chunk you want
*Scroll down a little bit and you'll see a dropbox and text saying "Character"
*Change the character to your Flood's character
*Repeat for as many Starting Locations and/or AI squads as you want
*Once done, hit Save

And that should work, in theory, you might wanna to try it out.
I personally recommend "B" way, because you are using the Flood character, with the AI of Flood instead of a grunt that looks like a Flood (like in "A" way)

#6 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the reply and your Tutorial! And sorry I had you post it here, because it's off topic. I'm going to try out your tutorial. It definately is more detailed. I'll report back with results, but where should I reply? I don't want to clutter your mod thread with off topic questions & responses. Thanks again for taking your time to help me. And I'm looking forward to try out your wip mod.

*For method parts "A" and/or "B" I use Entity, too right?

This post has been edited by Winger: 20 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

#7 User is offline   Sopor 

• Pip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

New pics added to main post.

#8 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

Great cool screenshots, Sopor. Keep up the good work, bud.

#9 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Looks legit! I like the effects. I never minded dualing BRs, but I always hated when the animation was screwed up where the guns would cross cause it sits in the other hand

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic