Halomods Community Portal: All Entity Tools Give Me Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled Exception - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
All Entity Tools Give Me Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled Exception

#1 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hello everyone. When I try to build The Flood (import) into 01b_spacestation.map I get Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled Exception. I already am up to date with .NET Framework. This is the pic: http://s29.postimg.o...d_Exception.png
I'm using Windows 7 x64. Could this be the problem? It happens with all versions of Entity.

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Many of these 'homebrew' modding programs had a lot of problems on Windows 7 / 64-bit, I remember I actually kept a bootable 32-bit WinXP portion for modding back in the day. I don't have access to it anymore but if you do have access to a machine with WinXP, I'd suggest trying it on there. If it works, you know the problem is with Win 7 or 64 bit, and if not, then you can decide whether to further troubleshoot.

#3 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 21 March 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

Many of these 'homebrew' modding programs had a lot of problems on Windows 7 / 64-bit, I remember I actually kept a bootable 32-bit WinXP portion for modding back in the day. I don't have access to it anymore but if you do have access to a machine with WinXP, I'd suggest trying it on there. If it works, you know the problem is with Win 7 or 64 bit, and if not, then you can decide whether to further troubleshoot.

Hey, nintendo9713. Long time no see. Thanks for responding. I remember also that when I tried the same thing on a XP I'd get the same error. How do I troubleshoot the Tool? I tried going to properties>compatibility>etc...And still wouldn't work for me. I even tried the alpha version.

#4 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

It's not a problem with the OS or .NET. That exception message suggests it is an application (ie, Entity) problem/bug.

#5 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Hello, kornman00. I also get an exception error with Entity when I press "add to selected reflex/chunk" when cloning chunks into the MP map beavercreek.map. I followed Aumaan Anubis's Tutorial for AI in MP : http://www.remnantmo....php?f=12&t=116 But, I always get an execption error at right on Step 12.

#6 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Sorry, but I don't provide support for Entity

#7 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

That's ok. Thanks for responding.

#8 User is offline   TroyMac1ure 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

The latest builds force themselves to run in 32-bit mode (If I remember corectly) as this was one issue I addressed with many computers moving to 64-bit systems.
The error looks to be a value that has been damaged during rebuild. Are you able to just continue and keep working? Without debugging (or possibly he details) I couldn't tell you which ones. I hadn't looked at or touched Entity's code in about a year until a few weeks ago (to add animated bitmap support).
I rarely check in at all nowadays and when I do, it's usually over at remnantmods.com so I can't guarentee that I will see any responses on here.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic