Halomods Community Portal: Halo Wars - Other Factions - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo Wars - Other Factions

#1 User is offline   IllusivePrime29 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Would it be possible to play as other factions in a Skirmish for example as the Rebels on Fort Deen and have 1st ally as Forerunner and your 2nd ally as the Flood?

And I can't remember but I saw a picture of a UNSC unit in Covenant faction colours, would it be possible to play as any colour as well?

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

It's possible to create other "Civs" (as they're called in the AoE/HW engines). However, HW uses Scaleform (essentially Flash) for its UI. Adding all the new Civ/Leader/Tech/Unit definitions in the game's XML data files would be no small undertaking by itself, but you would also then have to modify the Scaleform files and the localization strings to even see the options in the game's UI.

#3 User is offline   IllusivePrime29 

• Pip
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

View Postkornman00, on 24 March 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's possible to create other "Civs" (as they're called in the AoE/HW engines). However, HW uses Scaleform (essentially Flash) for its UI. Adding all the new Civ/Leader/Tech/Unit definitions in the game's XML data files would be no small undertaking by itself, but you would also then have to modify the Scaleform files and the localization strings to even see the options in the game's UI.

That's good!

Sometimes when I finish a Skirmish game and look at the AI's upgrades they researched, I think it said something like reactor_level_1 something like that.
Sorry, I'm not good when It comes to understanding game coding etc. lol

So if you'll be doing this, will you be able to post any updates on this topic?

#4 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

I never said I would be doing this, just that it's possible lol

When game objects/data don't have any localization, the engine seems to fall back to displaying the internal object name instead. There were a couple of game objects/data which were updated in a TU that didn't have their localization strings properly setup (eg, the 2nd vampire upgrade)

#5 User is offline   IllusivePrime29 

• Pip
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Can you play as Covenant in the campaign?

#6 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

As-is, without modifications? No. The scripts that drive the missions are developed specifically for the point of view of a UNSC player. Plus, the scenario file for each mission is setup to where the main player is UNSC.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic