Halomods Community Portal: how to prevent corpses from disappearing? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
how to prevent corpses from disappearing?

#1 User is offline   antipeople 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

using halo sapien and guerilla editors for now. so, if anyone know how to do that tell me please)

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

I always thought it was either a timer or was dependent on available memory. May I ask why you're wanting to never have the corpses disappear?

Not that I'm knowledgeable in scripting for Halo's game engine, I don't see why using a script upon a players death to spawn a scenery corpse on the map where it wouldn't disappear although I don't know it that works via multiplayer.

#3 User is offline   antipeople 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 24 March 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

I always thought it was either a timer or was dependent on available memory. May I ask why you're wanting to never have the corpses disappear?

Not that I'm knowledgeable in scripting for Halo's game engine, I don't see why using a script upon a players death to spawn a scenery corpse on the map where it wouldn't disappear although I don't know it that works via multiplayer.

well, if you start edited map as multiplayer, all corpses will disappear in 30 seconds, if you start as solo-only 12 permanent corpses can be on map at same time (usually corpses disappear when you are not looking at them.

perma corpses are more realistic )) + i want my map to look like Genocide after battle =D so if somebody knows way how to keep all corpses, please let me know. actually its only question that i didnt get answer ANYwhere...thats very strange, it must be very simple trigger or script....

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Well it shouldn't make or break your mod, you can put a variety of spartan corpses (red/blue) and even marines/covenant variants all over the map as scenery. You could probably even script it as the time goes by to steadily increase the amount of corpses.

#5 User is offline   ForrestMarkX 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

View Postantipeople, on 25 March 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

well, if you start edited map as multiplayer, all corpses will disappear in 30 seconds, if you start as solo-only 12 permanent corpses can be on map at same time (usually corpses disappear when you are not looking at them.

perma corpses are more realistic )) + i want my map to look like Genocide after battle =D so if somebody knows way how to keep all corpses, please let me know. actually its only question that i didnt get answer ANYwhere...thats very strange, it must be very simple trigger or script....

My guess is in Multiplayer the devs didn't want to code in for the netcode to see if one of the players can see the corpse, or due to the way they coded it to be 56k friendly would of been too much to handle. So instead they just opted to set the disappearance timer for every corpse

#6 User is offline   antipeople 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostForrestMarkX, on 26 March 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

My guess is in Multiplayer the devs didn't want to code in for the netcode to see if one of the players can see the corpse, or due to the way they coded it to be 56k friendly would of been too much to handle. So instead they just opted to set the disappearance timer for every corpse

yea, your right about multiplayer.

but what about "main menu" option? what if i save map like that?

#7 User is offline   ForrestMarkX 

• Pip

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

View Postantipeople, on 26 March 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

yea, your right about multiplayer.

but what about "main menu" option? what if i save map like that?

That's for a UI.map only, if you use it for anything else the game will crash

#8 User is offline   hexthat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCali

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

try making scenery?

This post has been edited by hexthat: 14 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic