Halomods Community Portal: Official Halo CE and PC Downloads at 1Gbps - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Official Halo CE and PC Downloads at 1Gbps

#1 User is offline   Cortexian 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm Cortexian, a long time Halo 1 PC and CE community member. Some of you may of heard of me under another alias of Freelancer and/or Xero in the past. Well I'm back, and I've started up a Halo-CE oriented community website at halo-ce.com.

As a gesture of good-faith to the community, I have mirrored some of the official Halo files on my website for download in the form of Peer2Peer torrents on a dedicated tracker. This means you're isolated from all the sketchy trackers out there that are being polled by the FBI and hackers for pirates and vulnerabilities. The actual files are also being hosted on a 1Gbps seedbox based out of The Netherlands, in the Evoswitch datacenter using Leaseweb bandwidth (meaning 3 Tbps connectivity at any given moment).

If you've used a BitTorrent client (uTorrent, Vuze, Transmission, etc) to download a .torrent file before, this is no different. Download the .torrent files from my site, add to your client, and my 1Gbps seedbox and other seeders and peers will connect and your download will begin at blazing fast speeds without any limits!

If you haven't used torrents before, there's a short guide on my site and it's quite easy to pick up on!

For the download links and guide, please see the following page:
halo-ce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

No registration required, but if you like what you're seeing, feel free to stay a while!

And did I mention I'm running two professionally hosted dedicated servers for Halo CE out of Los Angeles? Info here.

Cheers,
Cortexian

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'm all for keeping HaloCE alive but it's rather difficult to keep up with multiple websites. It's good to have the files mirrored, but as dumb as this sounds, i have a lot of these files mirrored in a .rar on all 8 of my modded xboxs (I did this in 2008, just in case I guess), also on my Google Drive, Amazon Drive, and Mega.co.nz. Don't get discouraged if there isn't as much traffic as you'd like through your site, the game has aged and now when I play, I just want to play vanilla for the nostalgia.

#3 User is offline   Cortexian 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

I completely expect a low level of traffic, because halomaps and halomods has most members right now. I've been around all of these communities since 2003, so that's not a problem. I'm simply providing a Peer2Peer service for fast downloads of the official files if people need them (people always need downloads).

If you like classic Halo, check out my 1.10 server. It's classic weapon set team CTF, nothing to fancy. I like that good old original game play as well, and not a lot of servers have that anymore so I've provided it!

GUNGAME is just something I wanted to try out in Halo to see how it works, and it's actually quite fun!

#4 User is offline   Endriago 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

New member here. I had Halo installed but switched out for these files. I've downloaded Halo PC and the 1.0.10 patch. Thanks for the chance to play Halo all geared up and ready on my new PC. I was browsing for mods and came across this community. I'll stick around for a while, see what happens.~

Edit: I'm curious about Halo Custom Edition. I haven't even heard of it until recently, and was curious how it works. Is it another program or does it apply itself to Halo PC? If anyone can answer this, thanks.

This post has been edited by Endriago: 28 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

#5 User is offline   Cortexian 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostEndriago, on 28 May 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

New member here. I had Halo installed but switched out for these files. I've downloaded Halo PC and the 1.0.10 patch. Thanks for the chance to play Halo all geared up and ready on my new PC. I was browsing for mods and came across this community. I'll stick around for a while, see what happens.~

Edit: I'm curious about Halo Custom Edition. I haven't even heard of it until recently, and was curious how it works. Is it another program or does it apply itself to Halo PC? If anyone can answer this, thanks.

Halo Custom Edition is a stand alone version of Halo PC that only includes the Multiplayer component (by default). It allows for people to use the Halo Editing Kit to make completely custom maps, vehicles, weapons, characters, etc. If you download Halo Custom Edition I highly recommend you install the latest version of HAC2 (Halo Anti-Cheat 2) as well. It enables things like the ability to download custom maps from a server in-game instead of needing to download them from a website and install them manually, as well as ability to adjust FOV and such.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic