• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Issues with OS

#1 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

So, I have halo custom edition and the latest version of OS downloaded and installed correctly, as well as having CE patched up to date. However, I wanted to se if there was a way for me to play CE without having to have the disc in the drive. I googled and found that you need to run haloupdate as an admin and then you should be able to play discless. After I did so though, I got this message: "Open Sauce is a program that is only compatible with Halo Ce v.1.09. Your version is incompatible. If you wish to use OS, you must update by running this file: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/Haloupdate.exe. If you don't wish to use OS, then remove this file to uninstall it: C:/Program files/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/dinput8.dll." I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, but didn't find it in the FAQ. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Ryan329 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

You probably updated to the new V1.0.10 (patches to new master server) and OS is compatible with v1.09 make sure you download this instead http://hce.halomaps....ex.cfm?fid=4987 though you wont be able to connect to servers because gamespy shut down

This post has been edited by Ryan329: 30 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

#3 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostRyan329, on 30 May 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

You probably updated to the new V1.0.10 (patches to new master server) and OS is compatible with v1.09 make sure you download this instead http://hce.halomaps....ex.cfm?fid=4987 though you wont be able to connect to servers because gamespy shut down

Ok, thanks for the help. My only other question is if I will still need to have the disc in the drive to play, or is there a way to circumvent that. I don't mind having to use it every time I play, since I mostly stick to SP and my only interest is in playing stuff done by the CMT team.

#4 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

If you've updated 1.09, you shouldn't need the disc to play anymore. I'm pretty sure gearbox got rid of that with the update.

#5 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

1.08 did the disc remove check, so no worries there.

#6 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

thanks for your assistance everyone, everything's working fine

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users