Halomods Community Portal: Resetting level to default after modification? (Halo PC) - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_PC\Mac
Resetting level to default after modification? (Halo PC)

#1 User is offline   scurty 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

Hi. I recently used SparkEdit to move around the three boxes directly behind where you start on the level Keyes. I moved the .map file to a different location and saved modification in SparkEdit and played the map. Once I fooled around with it enough, I wanted to return the map back to normal. I copied the original .map file back into the folder and loaded the game up, but the boxes were still moved. I uninstalled the game three times and had to play through the game three times to get to the level to see if that fixed it each time. It didn't work, the boxes were still gone. What exactly does SparkEdit modify that stays on your computer after you uninstall Halo? I'd like to solve this problem and get back to a vanilla copy of Halo PC. If anybody has any insight that would be great! Thank you.

#2 User is offline   Tucker933 

• I will nerf everything you love
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

This is because you edited the map without launching SparkEdit with admin privileges, so the changes you made only existed in cache. To fix this issue, launch Halo as admin by right clicking on the icon you use, going to properties, navigating to the compatibility tab, and checking the box "Run this program as administrator". If you make any future edits with your modding tools, ensure you do this for them as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic