Halomods Community Portal: =Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
=Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n

A Prehistoric Beavercreek

#1 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Hey Guys,

Today I present Jurassic Ravine, an ambiance mod for beavercreek. I have always wanted to make a jungle map, but there were some technical problems with flooding a map with trees and brush. Thanks to the awesome guys at RemnantMods, we can spawn almost an unlimited amount of items. The limit is as far as the Xbox RAM and .xbe will allow, which is pretty damn far. Anyhow, I think I really pushed the limits of beavercreek in spawning over 50 palm trees, 100+ shrubs, and the giant canopy. I lost track at some point, as I was going trigger happy on adding scenery everywhere I saw empty space. Beavercreek doesn't get enough love from the modding community, and I've personally never made a beavercreek mod. As I was editing this map, it took me back to the years before advanced modding. I felt like I was modding back in the early days of Halo 2 modding. In the end, I wanted a new ambiance for beavercreek without a glamorous new custom map, and I'm very pleased at how this turned out. The high brush, palm trees, and custom jungle and temple sounds take you back to a prehistoric land. I played a slayer match on here and really enjoyed the new combat strategy that the map requires now that your enemy can trample through tall shrubbery or hide in it. But I'm a little biased. haha. Please take the time to play Jurassic Ravine, and I am confident you'll enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Posted Image
•New Environment
•Original Weapons
•Full Custom Map Skin
•Custom Dinosaur Jungle and Temple Sounds
•Custom Sky and Slight Fog

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Minor Bugs
Some gameplay lag from all of the items spawned--nothing too distracting, IMO.

Posted Image
• Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
http://www.remnantmods.com
http://www.halomods.com

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 12 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Looks fantastic, I suppose full collision for the trees? In Halo 1 battle creek you could run right through the trees if I remember correctly.

Now all we need are the spartan models to be replaced with Chris Pratt and it's a party.

#3 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

haha, thanks man. It was a quick mod, but I've always wanted to make a jungle theme. It turned out a dinosaur jungle theme was the more appealing than the rainforest jungle theme. Im planning on making another mod that will use some elements of this map. This map was almost like a testing ground for some procedures I once knew but had forgotten how to do.

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Like I said, I have all these mappacks on 4 harddrives, and I plan on having a LAN remotely soon. How would you recommend I add this, your ivory tower, your ascension mod, etc to all the xboxes? A part of me doesn't want to taint the original maps + DLC clean copy, but I'm not sure if there's a mappack that didn't use all 50 slots (some might have the expansion). Any mappack you'd think is a good candidate to add these to? I'll have to find the tutorial, been way too long.

Change map name via hex, add via mainmenu.map...something something profit.

#5 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Thats great! Glad to hear you'll be LANing. There once was a 1,000 mainmenu map patch, but it freezes after 50+ maps used, from my testing. Ill have to talk to the creator about that.

You may consider making a new mainmenu with these maps, overwrite all the stock maps (so you can have more slots), and make an entirely new halo 2 disc. This way you basically have a modded Halo 2 disc. And you could just put this modded halo 2 on your harddrive as an addition to those other map packs--if your lacking room then just use the disc. Hex editing wont be necessary at all actually.

Here is a good app for mainmenu changes.
http://old.halomods....hp?f=92&t=58251

Also, when adding maps to mainmenu with app, make sure the values are the same but different from all the other maps in the mainmenu (similar to image below). PM me if you have any questions. :)
http://i.gyazo.com/f...338f891876b.png

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 06 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

#6 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Appreciate the info, I remember it being really simple to do in DotHalo, and this app looks like it does it all.

With Halo 1, I always had a .xbe renamed to HALO TESTING and would throw any mods first play in there, for Halo 2, I just overwrote default maps and restored if I needed it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic