Halomods Community Portal: Fun Questions for the CMT Team :D - Halomods Community Portal

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fun Questions for the CMT Team :D

#41 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

I have a question, if you guys use a console controller what settings do you guys use?

#42 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

Did you ever experiment with the Needle Rifle, and if so, what made you decide on the Carbine over the Needle Rifle?

#43 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:56 AM

View Postwoodchucker, on 02 January 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

I have a question, if you guys use a console controller what settings do you guys use?

I use an XB1 controller. I use the default CMT sensitivity (about a 3 on console) and map the controls similarly to Halo Reach

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 26 February 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

Did you ever experiment with the Needle Rifle, and if so, what made you decide on the Carbine over the Needle Rifle?

We had a needle carbine at one point for testing, but the problem with CE is that you need to set a minimum time for the detonation of the needles. Which means even if you have something set for that super combine, it has to take that timer before it explodes. So you could have an enemy ready to explode and you would have no clue and would end up keep shooting at them. The Particle Carbine came into being because I hate having ammo on Covenant weapons (outside of needle tech)

#44 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

I've thought a lot about it and came to the conclusion that the needle rifle would be a very interesting weapon for Halo 1 because it'd be extremely effective against the flood, sentinels would laugh at it, and it would be just as effective against the covenant as the carbine as long as you're using it for headshots.

#45 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 27 February 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

I've thought a lot about it and came to the conclusion that the needle rifle would be a very interesting weapon for Halo 1 because it'd be extremely effective against the flood, sentinels would laugh at it, and it would be just as effective against the covenant as the carbine as long as you're using it for headshots.

Needle behavior is just too hard-coded into the game. Besides, the needle rifle takes 3 shots to an unshielded target to create a supercombine. That seems pretty effective on sentinels.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic