Halomods Community Portal: Site Suggestions - Halomods Community Portal

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Site Suggestions

Is this site missing something? Tell us about it here!

#241 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Can't you just choose to keep the older version for the site?

This post has been edited by TCK: 29 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

#242 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, we can, and it's possible we will. However, there was some behind-the-scenes (read: admin) features which were added or improved in the upcoming version that we were eying. I know teh_lag was happier than a fly on a turd when he say some of the Look&Feel editor improvements :\

#243 User is offline   iskate0i 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

This site needs a B/S/T

#244 User is offline   Gary 

• ¬ 1337
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMelbourne, FL

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

I would try to avoid Buying/Selling/Trading...

#245 User is offline   Rag 

• Richard Simmons
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

View Postiskate0i, on 02 July 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

This site needs a B/S/T

No it doesn't. Ebay and Craigslist exist for a reason.

#246 User is offline   x86melter 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Code syntax highlighting, please!

#247 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Since no one ever really posts code snippets, don't expect to see that anytime this year. Or next. Or by 2020. So just use regular code bbcode blocks.

#248 User is offline   Tural 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

<?php

while(true)
{
   echo 'kornman sucks';
}

?>

#249 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

See, highlighting. There's also shit like pastebin or whatever. I'm sure one of those sites offers syntax highlighting for whatever silly language Joe Bob decides uses and wants to post a snippet of.

#250 User is offline   Tural 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Yeah pastebin is pretty good. You should be able to select the syntax highlighting when you upload shit.

#251 User is offline   x86melter 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Ahh, thanks! The highlighting for cpp is very good with code tags.

#252 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

We had some downtime earlier this morning (in case any of you were wondering about the error) due to me acting a fool with some settings. I'll be more careful next time.

Or maybe I won't, and will just screw things up during the day instead >:3

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

#253 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

So since I'm the only staff member with working knowledge of how to hypertext message or cascade sheets of style (and since nobody has stepped up to relieve me of that unenviable position), I've been slowly cranking out a custom IPS theme for the site. You may have noticed it before in the theme selection thing. Or, you may be noticing it now as I've finally completed a go-over of all of IPS' elements as best I can and have Mr. :kic:'s permission to make it the default theme!

I'm not really a professional web-programmician so if something looks broken post about it here or maybe in some other thread if lots of stuff is broken (but be sure that it's not also broken in stock IPS, I'm not here to clean up other peoples' poopy). You can of course go back to IPS' standard themes if you do not like my terrible design sensibilities.

In closing, :imapos:

#254 User is offline   WaeV 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

View Postteh lag, on 18 February 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

I'm not really a professional web-programmician so if something looks broken post about it here or maybe in some other thread if lots of stuff is broken (but be sure that it's not also broken in stock IPS, I'm not here to clean up other peoples' poopy). You can of course go back to IPS' standard themes if you do not like my terrible design sensibilities.

Nice skin! But here are some bugs.

Double-quoting something makes the text way too bright to read. Example:

Also, the buttons beneath each post such as "Top", "Report", "Blog This", "Reply", and "Multiquote" are too light for this skin.

Great work otherwise, though.

#255 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the report! lag and co. are working on getting CMT's next SP map release out, but I hope we can address both issues soon. In the meantime, does anyone have the desire/skills to 'reskin' the buttons (note, feel free to make them halo-esque)? (I really don't want lag to feel obligated to do them too with his current schedule in life)

#256 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Okay, I've fixed that little mess-up (and also a few other consistency things scattered here and there).

New buttons may be coming eventually, as km00 said though I do not have as much free time as I would like right now so unfortunately you will have to deal with the standard IPS buttons for a while longer...

#257 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

This is not a problem yet but will be soon....
Problem too many topics, making it difficult to find the information you want even if you do search.
Granted people who don't search are a pain in the arse, but what grinds my glutes even more is searching for something and getting a few pages of answers to find most are
"dude search for it" threads, delete these threads when they occur
(think how much of a nightmare afterdawn can be for finding information some times)
I propose subsections in each generation, WIP's, Beginners modding help/requests for programs, advanced modding help/questions, Job's/modding team mates wanted, blam! help/questions (that's all I can see being needed for the time being)
everybody still posts in their generation as we do now and then a member of the non admin staff assigns to where it should live. after a while someone will post something that doesn't fit into the sub-folders and it can sit on the root of whatever generation until there are several questions that beat around the same bush. (modeling & photoshop will be an example eventually)
I tried to do my bit by deleting a post that I got no answer to, I've changed its topic to PLEASE DELETE since I can't.
I get that on a priority scale out of 10 this scores 1.3e-37, or perhaps meh out of 10

This post has been edited by bumlove: 02 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users