Halomods Community Portal: Site Suggestions - Halomods Community Portal

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Site Suggestions

Is this site missing something? Tell us about it here!

#21 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

I think we should put a list of the most recent community status updates alongside the forum listing, similar to what ModHalo does.

#22 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

Sorry to be brief but, perhaps lo-fi? I don't need to see everybody's sig or avatar. I do like RSS feeds

#23 User is offline   TCK 

• PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

View Postbumlove, on 06 May 2011 - 12:40 AM, said:

I don't need to see everybody's sig or avatar.

There are already options in your user control panel to disable that.

#24 User is offline   darknavi 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Not a huge fan of the style so far, but I guess it brings back the classics...

Reminds me a lot of HIH_v2.

#25 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

TCK said:

already options in your user control panel to disable.

I don't always log in. Hell don't worry about it I'll go mad with image blocker.

#26 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

View PostXZodia, on 05 May 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

It would be good if to be able to show multiple filters. eg Halo 2 and Halo 2 PC, or All XBox or All Halo 2

Current prefix system doesn't support that. IPB 3.2 will be adding tagging support to topics, which will handle this kind of need

View PostTCK, on 06 May 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

I think we should put a list of the most recent community status updates alongside the forum listing, similar to what ModHalo does.

If there is tutorial/simple mod for doing this, then it can be added within the next few days

View Postbumlove, on 06 May 2011 - 12:40 AM, said:

Sorry to be brief but, perhaps lo-fi? I don't need to see everybody's sig or avatar. I do like RSS feeds

There's IP.Board Mobile, but it currently doesn't show the user lounge

View Postdarknavi, on 06 May 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

Not a huge fan of the style so far, but I guess it brings back the classics...

psssst, this is when you'd say why you're not a "fan" and give an explanation.

#27 User is offline   AumaanAnubis 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCollege Station, Tx

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Will "subforums" be created? I'm assuming that right now, Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 Utility and Mod Releases will go into the Releases forum, which I'm predicting will clutter it rather quickly, and the "Generation" forums will feature events, tutorials, and discussion?

I'm just seeing things getting very cluttered, making it difficult to say, peruse through Halo 2 tutorials when that forum has modding questions, tutorials, and apparently MLG events, as well.

edit: I do now see a separate forum for tutorials, but I'd say the point stands. If the "Releases" forum hosts H1PC/CE, H2Xbox/Vista, Halo 3/ODST, Halo Reach, and potentially Halo Wars releases, it'll be a mess.

#28 User is offline   WaeV 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

I think it's okay for now with the tags. It will make for easy sorting if we decide we have to change it later, anyways.

#29 User is offline   RedRocket3 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Are you writing a PP and TOS?

#30 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

View PostAumaanAnubis, on 06 May 2011 - 05:08 AM, said:

Will "subforums" be created? I'm assuming that right now, Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 Utility and Mod Releases will go into the Releases forum, which I'm predicting will clutter it rather quickly, and the "Generation" forums will feature events, tutorials, and discussion?

I'm just seeing things getting very cluttered, making it difficult to say, peruse through Halo 2 tutorials when that forum has modding questions, tutorials, and apparently MLG events, as well.

edit: I do now see a separate forum for tutorials, but I'd say the point stands. If the "Releases" forum hosts H1PC/CE, H2Xbox/Vista, Halo 3/ODST, Halo Reach, and potentially Halo Wars releases, it'll be a mess.

View PostWaeV, on 06 May 2011 - 05:22 AM, said:

I think it's okay for now with the tags. It will make for easy sorting if we decide we have to change it later, anyways.

Basically this ^. By clicking on the prefix, you can filter the forum you're viewing. It's all about doing more with less.

View PostRedRocket3, on 06 May 2011 - 05:28 AM, said:

Are you writing a PP and TOS?

What do you mean by PP and TOS exactly?

#31 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNo.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Why is this back.

#32 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

View PostCuda, on 06 May 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

Why is this back.

Haha, :lol:
--------------
So with the generation forums, we would not be able to have sub forums that specify what we are posting? It will all be one big mash-up of threads?
Lets say I wanted H2 Modding Tutorials, Halo 2 Mods, Halo 2 Utilities. How would I go about sorting them out since the label is simply H2?

#33 User is offline   AumaanAnubis 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCollege Station, Tx

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

View PostDoorM4n, on 06 May 2011 - 06:50 AM, said:

Haha, :lol:
--------------
So with the generation forums, we would not be able to have sub forums that specify what we are posting? It will all be one big mash-up of threads?
Lets say I wanted H2 Modding Tutorials, Halo 2 Mods, Halo 2 Utilities. How would I go about sorting them out since the label is simply H2?

I'm under the impression that Halo 2 Utilities and Mods would go under Releases. You can filter what prefix/label you want to see. Similarly, there is a separate forum for Tutorials, and you can also filter the prefix/label.
But at the moment, you couldn't filter between, say, H2 Mods and Utilities, since they both have the H2 label and are both under releases.

#34 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

That that last case you just described, you can just use an advance search and just specify the prefix to use in the search.

~Doing more, with less~

#35 User is offline   v3nture 

• PipPip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

I wondering if we'll be bringing back the happiness thread?

#36 User is offline   Sceny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Xfire profile field, more forums (for games and spam and other stuff), a General WIP section and more sexy awards?

#37 User is offline   Dwood 

• PipPip
  • LocationSpanish Fork, UT

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Merge 'User Lounge' and 'Forums' It is quite annoying the way it is now... Any way to make those kinds of things user-configurable perhaps? Especially with how much space the IP Board theme system takes up. (Everything's so chunky) Also if you can you gotta simplify the blog making- Like each user can make separate blogs? I wound up accidentally making 3 new blogs before I figured out how to post in them...

Hopefully the next style won't take up so much screen space- i'm focused on what's being posted, not on the overall look of the board... I'm holding my breath for teh lag and his team awesome though.

Edit: For clarification right now on my laptop all I can see at one time at regular zoom level is 1 post with 2/3 lines. For 1-line posts it's like 1 and a half because of signatures.
Editx2: I'll just use the zoom for firefox/chrome, but do please keep screen space in mind at 100% zoom!
Editx3: You can wait till others say stuff about this but didn't the original halomods.com have a main page with news and stuff, or blogs?

Perhaps we can have a main page that shows blogs that are promoted by mods or something like that for news feeds?

#38 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Added the XFire field

Yeah, we'll have our own The Studio coming in the next day or two.

I'm holding off on putting the Community Forums back in the main index until we've finalized our forum layout, so we can be sure if it's the right choice or not. If we had a web developer, I'd be pushing them to make what forums users can see configurable in their profile.

I'll talk to teh_lag, see if he can make the Halomods skin use a more condensed layout. Personally, I turn off signatures. They're just a waste of space really, and if I really want to see it, I'll just go to the person's profile.

Until we get a handful of dedicated content writers, I won't be making IP.Content the homepage.

#39 User is offline   Sceny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I just wanted to ask, why does my post count remain at 2 when I've made more than a handful of posts?

#40 User is offline   TCK 

• PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostSceny, on 06 May 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

I just wanted to ask, why does my post count remain at 2 when I've made more than a handful of posts?

I had that problem, it updates eventually just not instantly.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic