Halomods Community Portal: Re-Introduction after about 8 years - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Re-Introduction after about 8 years

I have no idea what I'm doing

#1 User is offline   deathbysnoosnoo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hello,

Glad to see I still recognize some users here. With the anniversary of Halo 2 coming up and the community rally around H2 vista, I decided I couldn't live without modding any longer. Some of you may remember me "Deathbysn00sn00" or "Aus R0tten". Started modding with Halo 1 back in 2003. I was predominantly on here and High Impact Halo. Well, I've grown up and put on my big boy britches so if I ever screamed at you on XBL or was a little harsher on the forums then necessary, I'm sorry. A lot can happen in 8 years, I moved from Seattle to Las Vegas and back, started a family, gave up modding since H3 and I've finally come full circle and am ready to play catch up. So after 8 years out of modding what are some highlights, what are some NEED to knows before I go read 100 tutorials. Who's still around? When I was last on here we still had Iron_forge, Theflyingdutchman, ScottyGee, Veegie, I see Kornman00 is still around and it seems all the trouble makers split off to sevensins.

Anyway, I'm excited to get back to this as it's my all time favorite hobby I've ever had. Right now I am without XBL (fuck comcast) but I have access to the internet on slow speeds so I can watch/read tutorials and download the needed programs to get started again.

-Deathbysnoosnoo

This post has been edited by deathbysnoosnoo: 21 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

There's not many people active. I can't tell you how many people will read this post but very seldom do people respond. On remnantmods, Xzodia, Doorm4n and CaptainPoopFace still talk about the newest modding adventures, but most of it seems to be in AI or custom BSPs. Welcome back, enjoy the archive.

#3 User is offline   deathbysnoosnoo 

• Pip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 22 August 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

There's not many people active. I can't tell you how many people will read this post but very seldom do people respond. On remnantmods, Xzodia, Doorm4n and CaptainPoopFace still talk about the newest modding adventures, but most of it seems to be in AI or custom BSPs. Welcome back, enjoy the archive.

Thanks for the lead on where everyone is at. I have at least 2 weeks worth of reading to do and I'm glad to hear custom BSPs are finally a thing we can handle in modding. I remember when we were first able to port custom bsps from HCE over to h1 xbox. Those were the good old days. I also have to thank you for hosting all the old map packs. I got to help a little on killtrocity and it's nice to see I can get it back years after a hdd crash and enjoy it one more time! I'll check out the other forums as well!

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Glad I could provide them for you. I just had a LAN tonight and played some Killtrocity, but we played regular Halo 1 & 2 for 90% of it. The Phantom mappacks don't seem to SLC well :/.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic