Halomods Community Portal: *Coliseum* (BETA) by DoorM4n - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
*Coliseum* (BETA) by DoorM4n

Custom Halo 2 Xbox Map

#1 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

Welcome to the Coliseum! Death is imminent!

I'm excited to present to you guys a map that I worked very hard on, but I'm also disappointed that I have to release an unfinished version of it. I have never released an unfinished mod, but it was time to unveil this map because I don't have much free time these days to delve into Halo modding and fix this baby up. In the future, I suspect I will get my hands dirty again--so this is no farewell!

This map is a completely new map with custom models, collision, vehicles, weapons, and scenery! There are 16 new weapons, including two new grenade variants and a secret weapon accessible by a secret teleport! You know how I love my secret areas! There is also a chariot (thanks to XZodia's help), which allows you to ride the horse or stand on the back. The chariot is the unfinished part of the map--it has given me considerable amount of trouble to get right, and it still isn't anywhere near where I wanted it to be.

I have not checked whether it is system link compatible, but I performed all the requisite procedures to enable SLC.

I hope you'll enjoy the Coliseum!

DoorM4n

Posted Image
•Custom Map
•16 New Weapons
•1 New Vehicle
•All Gametypes Playable
•Custom Helmets for Bipeds
•Secret Teleport and Weapon

Posted Image
•Hammer
•Knight Sword
•Pirate Sword
•Crossbow
•Bow
•Tankard
•Mace
•Butcher Knife
•Shield
•Tree
•Crowned Skull
•Pirate Ax
•Knight Hatchet
•The Secret Weapon

Grenades
•Trident
•Barrel

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
• Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Xzodia and Captainpoopface for help with chariot and grenades!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
http://www.remnantmods.com
http://www.halomods.com

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 12 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Awesome mod. I had a video leftover from when I was stress testing some mods with 16 players: https://www.youtube....h?v=R_rzldW13u8 (chariot at 1:00) (notice it's a car, not a horse).

It was just me playing before a LAN party but you can see no one else was "in game". Thanks a lot for letting me beta it though!

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 15 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

#3 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

Wow, that video is really interesting to me. Thanks for showing it and thanks for doing your tests with it. I know exactly why the bitmaps are black and the horse is a car. It all has to do with LODs. I erased the lower LOD's on the bitmaps cause I honestly never thought many people would play it to deal with the lower LODs and because they were being a real bitch to work with. And I did the same with the horse--because it too was being a bitch to work on. Also, thanks for the heads up on the SLC info. I believe I fixed it, thanks to you pointing it out.

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 16 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic