Halomods Community Portal: Updated Halo Custom Edition Campaign Port - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Updated Halo Custom Edition Campaign Port

#1 User is offline   austen1000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

Greetings. I decided to try out Renamon's ported campaign. The issue I noticed immediately is the lack of AI grenade throwing. So, I'm going to see about fixing this and other issues. Can someone provide a complete list of known issues with the ported campaign? Because of my work on my other project, the Sniper Rifle HUD is already fixed (thanks Jesse). By the way, this is my first project that I've not only made public, but, the first I've even made any real progress on (basically, this is effectively my first project). So, I will probably ask alot of questions.

You can download my updated maps here. If you downloaded any maps prior to 09/22/14, please redownload, as the updated maps fix issues related to the bitmaps.map and sounds.map files.

https://onedrive.liv...6DBA4CA20%21554

Please provide feedback. I will upload to the Nexus after the port is finalized. I might upload to Halomaps at a later time, but, thats a maybe.

Also, I have my own blog for my own mod work, as well as archiving hard to find mods. Check it out;

http://austenmodsarc.../10/greetings/#

Update: I am uploading C10 now. Sorry it took so long, I was busy with setting up Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Also, I am reuploading a30-b40, because I replaced the CMT Jackal shields with Lumoria ones.

Update 2: Sorry for not posting any updates in awhile, I've just been busy with other stuff. Anyways, basically, every level is uploaded and fully playable (has been for awhile now). I still have some issues to fix, but, there are a couple of issues I am currently unable to fix, given my skillset and resources available;

1. The shuttle bay shield door on a50 is missing it's off shader. This causes the door to look like it is still on when turned off.

2. Some objects, or parts of objects, on d40 are not properly affected by fog. This issue can be fixed by installing Open Sauce, which tells me its an engine-related issue.

But, as of now, I am taking a break from Halo CE modding, but, once I get back to it, fixing the remaining issues that I can is first on my to-do list.

This post has been edited by austen1000: 16 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

#2 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Greetings Austen1000, hope you're doing well :) Renamon's Campaign port is generally good enough, however, there are some differences/flaws in his port. I have noticed some flaws in his port due to my constant halo speed running. I will list the flaws I have noticed.

1. [VERY IMPORTANT] Flood infection forms DO NOT die upon impact in the ported campaign (at least in Keyes)
2. Lot's of un-needed variables in AI movements, for example, Elite positioning and spawning.
3. Really weird positioning of Med Packs on A10.
4. Covenant shield bump is off the grid in the level Keyes. This means that I CANNOT pull off the speed running trick "shield bump". It doesn't work with the normal positioning. Here's the link about that trick. https://www.youtube....h?v=sLm9EHSUBkc

I'll post a new reply once I see new glitches and bugs. Note that I do own Halo CE and Halo PC, so I know the differences. I speed run on both games.

#3 User is offline   austen1000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

View Postericlol, on 08 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Greetings Austen1000, hope you're doing well :)/> Renamon's Campaign port is generally good enough, however, there are some differences/flaws in his port. I have noticed some flaws in his port due to my constant halo speed running. I will list the flaws I have noticed.

1. [VERY IMPORTANT] Flood infection forms DO NOT die upon impact in the ported campaign (at least in Keyes)
2. Lot's of un-needed variables in AI movements, for example, Elite positioning and spawning.
3. Really weird positioning of Med Packs on A10.
4. Covenant shield bump is off the grid in the level Keyes. This means that I CANNOT pull off the speed running trick "shield bump". It doesn't work with the normal positioning. Here's the link about that trick. https://www.youtube....h?v=sLm9EHSUBkc

I'll post a new reply once I see new glitches and bugs. Note that I do own Halo CE and Halo PC, so I know the differences. I speed run on both games.

Sorry for the delayed response, its been awhile since I've checked here. Let me know of any issues you find.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic