Halomods Community Portal: CMT maps speed running? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMT maps speed running?

Poll: CMT maps speed running? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we make a leaderboard for speed running CMT SPv1, 2, and 3?

1. Yes! (11 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Nah bruh. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hey guys, ericlol here. I am an active Halo Custom Edition player and I follow CMT all the time. Here's what I want to say. I just recently got into speed running Halo on PC, and I find it really fun to play and compete in the leaderboards. Then I thought that why don't we make a leaderboard that features the 3 generations of CMT SP maps? It'll be so much fun! With the new weapons and extended levels, there will be so much potential! I really wish that Masterz1337 and other admins consider this. It will bring attention towards your projects and you guys can be famous! Btw, if you need a skilled alpha play tester, I can help. I can whip out my speed running skills and find critical glitches, as I have found multiple CRITICAL glitches (certain parts of the level don't load) regarding SPv2 from doing certain skips and tricks. Hope you guys really consider about making a leaderboard for CMT SP maps for speed running and letting me do some alpha testing :3 Enjoy your day guys and I'll see you in my next post... if I ever will! XD

Eric

Oh right, I'll link the official halo speedrunning leaderboard so you guys can get to know how it works. Thanks again guy! http://www.haloruns.com/

#2 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

I'd be all for it. Naked Eli tried speed running both POA and TSC on Noble at PAX which grew a bit of a crowd. Once we release I'd gladly be involved.

Although the SPV1 and SPV2 maps are probably best not to include, especially since I have no clue which SPV2 maps out there are actually made by us and some are severly incomplete.

This post has been edited by Masterz1337: 09 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

#3 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 09 February 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

I'd be all for it. Naked Eli tried speed running both POA and TSC on Noble at PAX which grew a bit of a crowd. Once we release I'd gladly be involved.

Although the SPV1 and SPV2 maps are probably best not to include, especially since I have no clue which SPV2 maps out there are actually made by us and some are severly incomplete.

Thanks Masterz1337 for the replies. You just made my day by agreeing to my idea, and mentioning Nak3d_Eli... playing on noble?! Wow! I'm a huge fan of his and if he actually considers in joining Halo CMT speed run, I'd be much much more than happy! As for SPV1 and SPV2, I know some are really incomplete as I got to a point where I went way too fast and nothing spawned. I was not able to progress anywhere and that was close to the end *Facepalm*. If you need to see if speed running may cause glitches like this, just tell me and I can try and see if there are places to be improved! Last of all, I would LOVE to see speed running and CMT maps combine. It's gonna be so awesome! XD I'm really thrilled to see that people are actually in to a leader board! XD Thanks Masterz1337! WOOT WOOT!

#4 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

View Postericlol, on 09 February 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Thanks Masterz1337 for the replies. You just made my day by agreeing to my idea, and mentioning Nak3d_Eli... playing on noble?! Wow! I'm a huge fan of his and if he actually considers in joining Halo CMT speed run, I'd be much much more than happy! As for SPV1 and SPV2, I know some are really incomplete as I got to a point where I went way too fast and nothing spawned. I was not able to progress anywhere and that was close to the end *Facepalm*. If you need to see if speed running may cause glitches like this, just tell me and I can try and see if there are places to be improved! Last of all, I would LOVE to see speed running and CMT maps combine. It's gonna be so awesome! XD I'm really thrilled to see that people are actually in to a leader board! XD Thanks Masterz1337! WOOT WOOT!

inb4 i beat all of u

#5 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

I haven't really talked to him much since PAX, but I am pretty sure there is a picture of him on my Twitter playing on my Macbook at the HBO dinner. I don't know if he will be involved with speed runs later on down the road. People will probably be able to pull some tricks off with speed runs now that we've decreased fall damage and also have sprint which can be used to make some longer jumps.

#6 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

I'm gonna exploit CMT SPv3 in every single way possible hehehe :3 I'm gonna beat all of you! MUAHAHAHA. Oh right Masterz1337. I'm just gonna remind Nak3d_Eli in his stream about the CMT maps he played during PAX. Then tell him that we might possibly set up a speedrun leaderboard here :3 If he starts speed running it, your maps will be famous among the community in no time!

#7 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:36 AM

View Postericlol, on 10 February 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

I'm gonna exploit CMT SPv3 in every single way possible hehehe :3/> I'm gonna beat all of you! MUAHAHAHA. Oh right Masterz1337. I'm just gonna remind Nak3d_Eli in his stream about the CMT maps he played during PAX. Then tell him that we might possibly set up a speedrun leaderboard here :3/> If he starts speed running it, your maps will be famous among the community in no time!

inb4 haters yell about "fake halo"

#8 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Outside of the Xbox fanboys I doubt you'd see much of that, people have always been very receptive to it.

@ericlol here is the post https://twitter.com/...633204598452225

#9 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

So... is it confirmed that we might work something out as a leaderboard for SPv3 speed running? I'm really excited!

#10 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

I will def look into getting us included on there.

#11 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

Seems like there isn't a lot of people voting :3 But it's pretty appealing to see that the majority chose the Yup option :3 I guess the 3 voters are myself, Masterz, and RabbitFood :3 XDDDDDD

#12 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

View Postericlol, on 11 February 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Seems like there isn't a lot of people voting :3/> But it's pretty appealing to see that the majority chose the Yup option :3/> I guess the 3 voters are myself, Masterz, and RabbitFood :3/> XDDDDDD

Try starting a poll over at forum.halomaps.org, lotta players there.

#13 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Hmmm sure!

#14 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Just to revive this again due to the planned release of TSC:E. I will be speed running TSC:E for days when I get time. I'll get tutorial videos up and stream! We will definitely need to set up a leaderboard ASAP.

#15 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationATX

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

Goatrope at SGDQ2015. jk would never happen, but that would be so cool.

#16 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

dunno. Goatrope already did a speed run on TSC:E legendary. Apparently he really liked it. If TSC:E actually were run on SGDQ2015, this community would probably get 2x more people.

#17 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationATX

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

View Postericlol, on 07 March 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

dunno. Goatrope already did a speed run on TSC:E legendary. Apparently he really liked it. If TSC:E actually were run on SGDQ2015, this community would probably get 2x more people.

Either way, someone needs to do a full SPV3 marathon on noble when ever it releases.

This post has been edited by GreatCesar1: 08 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

#18 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostGreatCesar1, on 08 March 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

Either way, someone needs to do a full SPV3 marathon on noble when ever it releases.

But then they'll be trolled to death like in TSC:E XD

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic