Halomods Community Portal: SPv2 Problems I want (and need) to see resolved in SPv3 - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SPv2 Problems I want (and need) to see resolved in SPv3

#1 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hey CMT dev members. First of all, I would like to inquire as a debug play tester, don't stop reading from here on, I will explain why. As a major league speed runner, I go around maps and exploit glitches. I have found many glitches that prevented me from progressing the map because 1. I am running too fast and missed load zones 2. I was out of the map for time saves and missed load zones 3. I was driving what I shouldn't drive (aka wraith early on in the levels). I was playing SPv2 the silent cartographer earlier today and I found out some really really game breaking glitches that prevented me from speed running (and progressing with the game) properly. In the cartographer complex in the original series, the door is open for a duration of about 3 seconds and normally, speed runners will fling themselves in with their warthog; however, this is not the case for SPv2. As I can see, the map design is that the door is supposed to be closed since the beginning of the game, so I was driving into the closed door (pushing it with my warthog) and I tried warping into the door for about 5 times until I succeeded. The rest of the level loaded properly, the enemies, checkpoints, load zones, and cutscenes are there. However, when I get to the door where a sword elite should spawn, the door is closed and the elite is on the other side of it. I couldn't progress through the rest of the level, so I had to use the flip-able covenant radio crate to push my self out of the map to get to the other side of the door, only to find that none of the enemies spawned and I wasn't able to get into the pelican because it didn't spawn. =_= So, above is the reason that I should be a play tester for your map so that speed runners in this community can get the best experience of SPv3. Tune in for some more posts (weird crazy stuff!) from me! It'll be fun XD Thanks for taking your time reading this :3

Eric

#2 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

we were told that some of the levels were not finished, Halo Custom Edition Assault on the Control Room, I have 2 videos,1st Halo Custom Edition Assault on the Control Room Part 3 CMT Single, Part B which shows the dead end, 2nd that shows the command to get through. If you want to see a another dead end:Halo Custom Edition Assault on the Control Room Part 5 CMT Single and https://www.youtube....?v=PGvVF1uskgg. There is maybe another one but I'm not sure. Also the playlist s there.

This post has been edited by woodchucker: 13 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

#3 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

View Postericlol, on 13 February 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hey CMT dev members. First of all, I would like to inquire as a debug play tester, don't stop reading from here on, I will explain why. As a major league speed runner, I go around maps and exploit glitches. I have found many glitches that prevented me from progressing the map because 1. I am running too fast and missed load zones 2. I was out of the map for time saves and missed load zones 3. I was driving what I shouldn't drive (aka wraith early on in the levels). I was playing SPv2 the silent cartographer earlier today and I found out some really really game breaking glitches that prevented me from speed running (and progressing with the game) properly. In the cartographer complex in the original series, the door is open for a duration of about 3 seconds and normally, speed runners will fling themselves in with their warthog; however, this is not the case for SPv2. As I can see, the map design is that the door is supposed to be closed since the beginning of the game, so I was driving into the closed door (pushing it with my warthog) and I tried warping into the door for about 5 times until I succeeded. The rest of the level loaded properly, the enemies, checkpoints, load zones, and cutscenes are there. However, when I get to the door where a sword elite should spawn, the door is closed and the elite is on the other side of it. I couldn't progress through the rest of the level, so I had to use the flip-able covenant radio crate to push my self out of the map to get to the other side of the door, only to find that none of the enemies spawned and I wasn't able to get into the pelican because it didn't spawn. =_= So, above is the reason that I should be a play tester for your map so that speed runners in this community can get the best experience of SPv3. Tune in for some more posts (weird crazy stuff!) from me! It'll be fun XD Thanks for taking your time reading this :3/>

Eric

yes but SPV2 was years ago and most of the SPV2 maps released aren't even from CMT, they're just community "recreations". Besides, CMT is a lot more familiar with BSPs and how they behave now.

#4 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

Yeah everything released other than A10 was months old. I was made recently aware that the b40 build is several months old and many areas arent playable... I'm looking to release a real spv2 b40 build sometime in the future when the time is right.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic