Well, that took a while. It's been ~2 years since the release of 3.1.0 but good things come to those who procrastinate.
- Directional Lightmaps Diffuse and Specular - Using the process outlined here you can use directional lightmaps in your maps for normal mapped static lighting.
- Soft Particles - Your particles can now be soft and cuddly.
- Lightmap and Sky Switching - You can set up multiple lightmap and sky sets to switch between using Halo script.
- Actor Variant Transforms - Based on a variety of criteria you can make actors change into other types of actor.
- Unit Boarding - You can now set up all vehicle boarding types seen in later Halo games, with the flexibility to do new things too.
- In-Game UI - Your OS settings can now be changed in-game using a new UI system which you can access with F7.
- Running on Halo v1.10 - Speaks for itself really, we've update OpenSauce to target Halo CE 1.10.
- Fixes - There have been a variety of fixes, which you can read about in the OpenSauce readme.
We have also moved the OpenSauce project to Bitbucket and will be deprecating the google code project shortly. Because of this move, all issues you find with OpenSauce will need to be added to the the Bitbucket projects issues page. On the topic of issues, we've added a crash report generator to OpenSauce which will create an archive with useful debugging information if the game should crash. Include that archive when creating issues relating to crashes.
Massive thanks to the guys and gals of CMT for their assistance in testing OpenSauce, without which we would not be where we are today. Be sure to check out CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved to see a number of the new OS features used to great effect.
Kornman00 - Project Owner and Developer
TheFieryScythe - Developer
ChokingVictim - Contributor
This post has been edited by TheFieryScythe: 03 March 2015 - 01:00 AM