(Update 04/22/2015: Evolved tagset released! Raw BSP source released! Scenario tags and scripts released! Armor Ability tags and other bonuses released!)
Here's a release trailer!
(Here are more pictures!)
(Here are even more!)
From the readme...
The Silent Cartographer: Evolved (TSC:E) is a ground-up re-imagining of the Halo: Combat Evolved map of the same name. The map comes with an all-new layout, a vast array of custom content, a reconstructed weapon set emphasizing improvisation and variety in tactics, and plenty of hidden secrets to discover. It is the final Halo CE project for many of CMT's members - a labor of love and hate spanning almost three years of development.
TSC:E makes use of Open Sauce, a community-made game extension that enables many new features, from upgraded visuals to new gameplay mechanics. Open Sauce is required to play TSC:E -- the map can't exist without it. At the time of writing, OpenSauce's public releases are available here: https://bitbucket.or...lease/downloads . The map requires Open Sauce version 4.0 (or newer).
Open Sauce 4.0 requires a properly-installed copy of Halo Custom Edition, updated to 1.10. See the installation guide if you don't know how to get these.
This map comes with a user manual providing information on difficulty and weapon usage (among other things). Evolved treats difficulty and many weapons differently from some other Halo games - which may be disorienting to new players - so be sure to read the manual!
Issues encountered while playing the map may be reported in this thread.
The map does have a few rare (but known) issues, which will be addressed if possible in maintenance releases. If you are reporting a crash, be sure to include your crash dump (if you have one). If the game crashes with Open Sauce installed, you can find the crash dump on your computer in My Games\Halo CE\OpenSauce\Reports\CrashRpt.
If you are encountering an Open Sauce-specific issue, please direct your reports to the issue tracker at https://bitbucket.or...ensauce-release .
The source release for this map is underway!
The core tagset for the CMT Evolved project has been posted here: Evolved tagset released!
(Direct download: http://www.mediafire...release_core.7z)
The raw source files for the BSP and other scenario objects have been posted here: Raw BSP source released!
(Direct download: http://www.mediafire..._release_bsp.7z)
The scenario tags and Evolved scripting source files have been posted here: Scenario tags and scripts released!
(Direct download: http://www.mediafire...ase_scenario.7z)
A bonus set of Armor Ability tags (and other bonuses) have been posted here: Armor Ability tags and other bonuses released!
(Direct download: http://www.mediafire...player_bonus.7z)
We urge you to use caution if you choose to extract tags from the map. Open Sauce and the HEK+ do not get along well, the HEK+ is known for corrupting tags in general, and there are many aspects to the Evolved tagset that have the potential to cause serious problems with other tagsets if you don't know exactly what you're doing. (We also encourage you to have a heart before you make CMt Evolved Reach_gultch). More details are provided in the map file's release, in "readme_for_ripping.txt".
Map (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire..._release_1.3.7z
Map (Halomaps): [coming soon]
Open Sauce 4.0: https://bitbucket.or...CE_20150302.msi
- fix horrible inconsistent map behavior caused when player backtracks footpath approach to cartographer after starting down vehicle path
- fix some fp view clipping at high FOV for shotgun, plasma rifle and plasma pistol
- fix ai freezing itself if player is slow to exit server room
- fix pathfinding sphere radius values on crashed pelican
- fix over-dark pr in catacombs
- fix population issues in waterhall - carbine offset and missing door
- fix duplicate crate in pit
- fix badly-placed torch in cave
- add zoomvisr to rl and noble (zoomable) pistol
- add one final noble feature
This will likely be the final patch for the map. We've fixed all that we have the remaining energy to fix.
- add missing credit for axial's contributions to the early days of the project
- add extra playerclip to reduce chance of clipping into cart interior brute war shrine
- add easter egg hints
- add better (not yet perfect) support for out-of-order backtracking among cartographer return paths
- fix double-spawning dropship door in post-cartographer cliffs area
- fix units taking damage when unloading from cliff dropship gravlift
- fix disappearing objects during map activation cutscene
- fix bug where map room hunters sometimes miss the elevator to the exit if they're still alive
- fix mysterious shredder crates w/ incorrect ammo counts; standardize to use 8 / 16 rounds
- fix bad offset of bounding sphere on c_storage_large
- fix bad offset of bounding sphere on c_regen_station
- fix bad bounding sphere radius on rock_boulder_large and medium
- fix another potential issue with interior sequence breaking
- fix assorted extraneous objects floating around in the map when they shouldn't be
- fix marines going braindead +/ freezing across bsp switches when riding some wraith wings
- fix hunters shooting during cart activation cutscene
- fix mysterious floating lights on player's leg in first-person when shredder is their secondary weapon
- fix footpath return units sometimes missing their spawn
- fix zealot potentially going permanently braindead on lightbridge
- reduce assault rifle melee animation clipping through camera at 90-degree fov
- fix grunt occasionally spawning inside a rock during pool fight
- fix unintended side-effects of 1.1 sequence-breaking logic, affecting "shafted" cutscene and vehicle return path
- add minor buff to warthog health
- add extra volume to c_storage_large playerclip so ghosts get trapped less often
- add logic to make interior mission more friendly for sequence breakers
- fix missing death volume in cave pool
- fix shaft bridge collision model's animation to match render model's timing
- fix unused heat meter still in gauss cannon hud
- fix ar, pistol, rocket spawns on noble
- fix assorted floating trees and other object placement
- fix covenant vehicle emp system
- fix mysterious floating phantom dropship pieces when main body is destroyed
- fix grenade hud icon flash misalignment
- fix hole in ar/gl model geometry
- fix compass north not pointing towards threshold
- fix incorrect damage scale on wraith sideguns
- fix missing zoomvisr mode for hidden dmr