Halomods Community Portal: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond - Halomods Community Portal

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

I can't believe it myself.

#121 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Can I get a close up of that Cortana?

#122 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 24 April 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Can I get a close up of that Cortana?

It's just the stock Cortana with some cleaned-up VFX.

#123 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

Ew stock Cortana.

I take it you guys aren't doing an updated Cortana?

#124 User is offline   tsehoyin 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Keep up the good work!!!I've been following this mod for years now.Do not give it up!!KEEP IT GOING!

#125 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:55 PM

when will you guys be putting this on http://hce.halomaps.org/ ?

#126 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

I take it, it wouldn't be updated

#127 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

View Postwoodchucker, on 03 May 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

when will you guys be putting this on http://hce.halomaps.org/ ?

The files have been submitted there. It's just a question of when the site updates next.

#128 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:12 AM

Okay thankyou

#129 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

It's here now. It's our final source release.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Title : CMT Evolved Armor Abilities / Player Bonus
Release Date : 05-16-2015
Author : CMT
Description : CMT Evolved's player bonus tag release

-------------------

i. Information
ii. Quick guide
iii. Credits

-------------------

i. Information

This is it: the final release from CMT's Evolved team.

This includes an assortment of bonus tags, scripts and data files for player behavior things that never quite made it into TSC:E. These tags require that you have both the "core" and "scenario" tag / script releases. There's also a quick cute test map for the tags.

Most notable is a scripted armor ability system -- actually a suite of systems -- which includes these armor abilities by default:
1) Shield Booster -- limited-use powerup that lets you recharge your shields on demand. Depletes after two full charges.
2) Portable EMP -- limited-use powerup that, after a short charge-up, kills shields on nearby objects (but also kills your shields). Depletes after three uses.
3) Health Regen -- passive powerup that gives you limited health regeneration, like in Reach. Allows use of your default ability (like flashlight or VISR) while equipped.
4) Health pack -- single-use powerup that instantly refills your health on demand.
5) Active Camo -- limited-use powerup that gives you camo on demand. Running increases the chance that enemies will spot you; crouch-walking makes you fully invisible (unless you're right next to someone).

The CMT Evolved team implemented an armor ability system for TSC:E, but it was cut from the map a few months before release. This is a cleaned-up version of that system. We didn't think that keeping these in TSC:E was worth the associated resource costs. Also it's not very good that this system was implemented with scripts -- it should have been handled by an Open Sauce extension. (That's a big part of why we cut them, in fact). But, maybe one of you out there will find this interesting or useful...

This also includes an experimental system to notify the player of nearby health packs when their health is low.

Additionally, there are a few fixes for script components in the prior scenario release.

-------------------

ii. Quick guide for lazy people who want to just stick the tags in a map

If you just want to get things running in *a* map, we've provided a test scenario that you can compile. It is located at tags\cmt\scenarios\player_bonus_test\player_bonus_test.scenario. Build it with OS_Tool.exe and you can start messing around. Spawn test AI with "ai_place enc" if you want to see how things perform in combat.

There's a readme in both the \tags\ and \scripts\ directories which explain some of their contents. They'll help you navigate the release contents.

There's unfortunately not much else that's "quick" about this stuff. Take a look at the scripts and the documentation therein, and hopefully things will make sense to you.

The "pb_test_cmt_features" script component in \src\scenarios\player_bonus_test\cmt_features\ is where the armor-ability (and other systems) are linked together with the scenario. Follow stuff from there and you'll eventually find where the magic happens.

NOTE! NOTE! NOTE!

These tags and scripts were cut from TSC:E for a reason. The map may not be able to compile under all of its resource limits with them added; it will likely take a lot of effort to make them work correctly in TSC:E. You have been warned. Good luck.

-------------------

iii. Credits

(Rather than clutter this up with everyone's name, just see credits.txt)

http://www.mediafire...player_bonus.7z

Until next time, everyone.

#130 User is offline   ArecaidianFox 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

Hello! This is my first time posting here on Halomods, but I have been enjoying CMT's work for the last several years now, and wanted to say thank you to the entire team. I have immensely enjoyed playing both TSC:E and SPv3 T&R especially. I look forward to the day when SPv3 and the Evolved maps are the ultimate way the Halo 1 campaign, and personally feel that this is the true "Halo: Anniversary" we should have gotten from MS and 343i. So thanks CMT for helping make an amazing game even better!

Lastly, I wanted to share a couple videos I took while doing my first Legendary playthrough. The first link is me semi-breaking the map, the last is an easter egg that I haven't been able to find mention of anywhere else yet...

https://www.youtube....h?v=-3W1eI5PniE
https://www.youtube....h?v=jsVj1p-hCU0

#131 User is offline   vfxninjaeditor 

• Pip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

Hey, can anyone help me out with adding the Evolved tags to existing Halo maps? I am a completely new modder when it comes to Halo Custom Edition. Frankly, compared to games like Skyrim I find Halo modding quite difficult to understand. I see that the CMT guys have the tags separated for ease of use when wanting to replace stock Halo tags. I just don't know where to start.

#132 User is offline   Collin 

• Pip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Postvfxninjaeditor, on 21 May 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

Hey, can anyone help me out with adding the Evolved tags to existing Halo maps? I am a completely new modder when it comes to Halo Custom Edition. Frankly, compared to games like Skyrim I find Halo modding quite difficult to understand. I see that the CMT guys have the tags separated for ease of use when wanting to replace stock Halo tags. I just don't know where to start.

Hey vfxninjaeditor,

I too would like to know how to do this. I have read a bunch of different guides and tutorials online (HaloMaps.org & various YouTube vids), but I am still having trouble with it. I think campaign maps are way more difficult than multiplayer maps, which was what the Gearbox Halo Editing Kit seems to be geared towards. Teh Lag posted a helpful response to my main problem, which is building the cache file to create the actual map. He explained you need to be using tool for Open Sauce, so I guess the maps have to be YELO files since the tags all rely on those advanced pixel shaders. I still can't figure out how to make it work though.

Anyway, just wanted you to know you are not alone in being lost as a new modder since I'm in the same boat. It sounds like this should be fairly straight forward once you become familiar with the different editing tools, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hopefully an experienced modder will read this and have some sympathy for us noobs. Everyone's gotta start somewhere though.

Thanks!

#133 User is offline   TheMrJezza 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

I extracted the tags from the b30_evolved.yelo file and the weapons and vehicles worked when I used them. When the tags were actually released, I downloaded them and replaced my cmt folder in my tags folder with the new one, now I can't pick up any weapons in the map. Not even the ones I extracted from the .yelo will work anymore. Is there any way I can fix things?

#134 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

I have no idea

#135 User is offline   TheMrJezza 

• Pip

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

I changed the player biped in the globals.globals file to cmt's mp_biped, and now I can pick up weapons. Problem solved.

#136 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

"when will you guys be putting this on http://hce.halomaps.org/ ? "

#137 User is offline   Ifafudafi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

Hello, Halo people!

In case you missed it: TSC:E is the last Halo project for the members of its core team, and with its release we've officially exited the Halomodding community. Or so I thought, until our lead environment artist Siliconmaster started throwing materials for a TSC:E postmortem at us.

He's put together two things:

1. A video showcasing how each of TSC:E's environments grew from concept to completion. You might be surprised at how much some areas changed! You can see it here:
https://www.youtube....h?v=Busdj8SBmV8

2. A collection of four short articles written by the primary TSC:E developers (Teh Lag, Myself, Siliconmaster, and BobTheGreatII). These are essentially our last words to the community, and contain a mix of musings, regrets, happy reflections, and even some practical advice for aspiring modders. You can get them here.

We've been stealthily keeping tabs on this and that in the wake of TSC:E's release, but with this, it's finally time for us to sign off and move on to new and hopefully even better things. Thank you for supporting us all these years -- seeing so many people play and enjoy the fruits of our long three-year effort has been the greatest reward we could have ever asked for.

---

View Postwoodchucker, on 13 July 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

"when will you guys be putting this on http://hce.halomaps.org/ ? "

We've already submitted the final version of the map and all source release material some time ago. It's now on the Halomaps people to update the website and post them. Considering that there hasn't been anything new on there since March, I have no idea when that might be, unfortunately.

#138 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:15 AM

Thankyou

#139 User is offline   Pat167 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

So OS installed properly, updated to 1.10 but for some reason I can't begin a campaign with one any of the campaign UIs and devmode won't seem to work. I have it turned on but when I press "`" no console pops up. The only fix I have so far is to play the game all the way from a10 and so on which I'd strongly prefer not to do.
"

EDIT: I finally resolved it

This post has been edited by Pat167: 25 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

#140 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostPat167, on 25 September 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

So OS installed properly, updated to 1.10 but for some reason I can't begin a campaign with one any of the campaign UIs and devmode won't seem to work. I have it turned on but when I press "`" no console pops up. The only fix I have so far is to play the game all the way from a10 and so on which I'd strongly prefer not to do.
"

EDIT: I finally resolved it

So what was the problem?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic