Halomods Community Portal: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond - Halomods Community Portal

Jump to content

  • 8 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

I can't believe it myself.

#21 User is offline   Masterz1337 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person
  • Joined: 23-May 11

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

Just to have pilots sit in the seat for when/if we need it

#22 User is offline   woodchucker 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 10-May 14

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

I don't know if it is me, but i am getting a lot of sound bugs, and some graphic bugs to, is it just for me or is anyone else having the problem? But still very, very nice job.

#23 User is offline   Rambo 

  • Map-Maker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 02-January 13
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

What GPU do you have?

#24 User is offline   Nate098 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-March 15

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Cant wait to try and play this just finished installing the 1.10 CE patch/update hope it doesnt give the same error that it gave me on pc, and if all is well lets hope my computer can handle it, the standard .MAP version of the last map that the name seems to be escaping me (a50) on its own gave my computer a major drop in frames even with everything closed and Razer Cortex shutting out the un-needed background programs but either way Im excited

#25 User is offline   ericlol 

  • Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 08-February 15
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

I totally loved the map. Uhhh... I thought there was gonna be dynamic crosshair (reticule bloom) in TSC:E???

#26 User is offline   woodchucker 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 10-May 14

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostRambo, on 04 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

What GPU do you have?

I have both NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

#27 User is offline   Texrim 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-March 15

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hi I wanted to say thank you for everything you've done. When i started playing the new map i started crying tears of joy (not kidding) because of how gorgeous the new map is and how you made me remember the first time i played halo and the silence cartographer in the demo. But i have a question, why when i shoot a gun the crosshair doesn't make any animation at all? The feature has been removed until SPv3 comes out? Thanks for everything and a hug from Spain! :)

#28 User is offline   ericlol 

  • Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 08-February 15
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostTexrim, on 04 March 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hi I wanted to say thank you for everything you've done. When i started playing the new map i started crying tears of joy (not kidding) because of how gorgeous the new map is and how you made me remember the first time i played halo and the silence cartographer in the demo. But i have a question, why when i shoot a gun the crosshair doesn't make any animation at all? The feature has been removed until SPv3 comes out? Thanks for everything and a hug from Spain! :)/>


I was wondering about this as well.

#29 User is offline   Masterz1337 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person
  • Joined: 23-May 11

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Reticule bloom is in SPV3 only for select guns.

#30 User is offline   teh lag 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 16-January 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

The system that's used for SPv3's crosshair animation wasn't compatible with all of our guns (particularly our BR), so we chose not to use it.

#31 User is offline   teh lag 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 16-January 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:54 AM

The first update has been released, fixing a number of common issues in the map. Barring unexpected new issues, this version of the map will be uploaded to the Halomaps archive later this week. We are planning on releasing at least one more update prior to (or concurrent with) the source file release.

Quote

Version 1.1 (03-04-2015):

- add minor buff to warthog health
- add extra volume to c_storage_large playerclip so ghosts get trapped less often
- add logic to make interior mission more friendly for sequence breakers
- fix missing death volume in cave pool
- fix shaft bridge collision model's animation to match render model's timing
- fix unused heat meter still in gauss cannon hud
- fix ar, pistol, rocket spawns on noble
- fix assorted floating trees and other object placement
- fix covenant vehicle emp system
- fix mysterious floating phantom dropship pieces when main body is destroyed
- fix grenade hud icon flash misalignment
- fix hole in ar/gl model geometry
- fix compass north not pointing towards threshold
- fix incorrect damage scale on wraith sideguns
- fix missing zoomvisr mode for hidden dmr


#32 User is offline   InvaderVeex 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 11-June 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

So will the tag release include a text file of the scripts?

Posting here instead of Halomaps because after 4 years of the new Halomods I think I a 6th post wouldn't hurt.


And don't even worry about the driver seat of the pelicans. Only people that know their way around Halo PC well enough know how to even get one, props to them. Won't matter when the scenario or scripts are released anyways. Hell, the names of them I guessed and luckily they were the same. Been trying all sorts of other commands (with names from the original silent cartographer) with no success so far.

Also, how the fuck do I have nearly 1200 profile views here with 5 posts? Unless they carry over posts from the old Halomaps? (which I am doubting)

This post has been edited by InvaderVeex: 05 March 2015 - 07:23 AM


#33 User is offline   InvaderVeex 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 11-June 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

While I'm at it, mad respects for the main contributors to this project. Been playing Custom Edition since summer of '06 and this seems by far the greatest release to date. The BSPs seems to be the greatest effort to realism to date (though being a geology major in college, realism in this fucking game is out the door. I just enjoyed the stalagmites in the caves.), and every tag seems overhauled in the best way with the skills of available members of the team working on the project. The environment shaders are also very nice.

No offense intended to Bob, but Doom/Dano assault rifle from 2007-2013 (with spv3 realease textures) looks far better to me than the new one.

I'm writing this as I'm nearly drunk, so I may have left out some stuff I felt was good but didn't think about during my toxication.

This post has been edited by InvaderVeex: 05 March 2015 - 07:55 AM


#34 User is offline   Nate098 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-March 15

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

(warning some spoilers if you haven't played the map already read forward at your own risk)So even though I had a major drop in frames per second usually around 27ish(Looking down at my feet to reload faster or move throw terrain) to 15 (larger areas) and below for some combat on occasion, I pushed past that and found that this is terrific work, when you first play halo you get a feel of awe, bliss and mystery and this does just that, even after playing the game I know I missed a lot of things and I am going to enjoy going back to it and enjoying the experience and congrats for the first time I have actually had to run and cower away from hunters, usually I enjoy fighting them, poking fun at some of the hardest targets for a challenge I usually play on legendary on 360, and heroic gave me a reason to run, the introduction of the automatic plasma cannon turret arm as apposed to the standard fuel rod cannon be it stream or single build up charged shot, this introduced a new challenge to either outwit or flee from and its overall enjoyable,I personally love the two models that have been used in this map and in a50 as that has usually been my weapon of choice, It made it difficult to choose over the rockets and the sniper when meeting up with dropship bravo 22 after it crashed as I had to either choose the tool I favor for its marksmen capabilities or the rockets for the power that is required for the hunters and larger/much more heavily armored targets,the part for activating the generators provided a major challenge and focus as frames dropped to at least 5fps to 1fps as my computer is much older(made in 2009. but in the long run this is a very satisfying map, recreates it perfectly bringing loads of new content to the table and new things to explore its amazing work and I hope you continue with this project.

#35 User is offline   RabbitFood 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 29-July 14

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostNate098, on 05 March 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

(warning some spoilers if you haven't played the map already read forward at your own risk)So even though I had a major drop in frames per second usually around 27ish(Looking down at my feet to reload faster or move throw terrain) to 15 (larger areas) and below for some combat on occasion, I pushed past that and found that this is terrific work, when you first play halo you get a feel of awe, bliss and mystery and this does just that, even after playing the game I know I missed a lot of things and I am going to enjoy going back to it and enjoying the experience and congrats for the first time I have actually had to run and cower away from hunters, usually I enjoy fighting them, poking fun at some of the hardest targets for a challenge I usually play on legendary on 360, and heroic gave me a reason to run, the introduction of the automatic plasma cannon turret arm as apposed to the standard fuel rod cannon be it stream or single build up charged shot, this introduced a new challenge to either outwit or flee from and its overall enjoyable,I personally love the two models that have been used in this map and in a50 as that has usually been my weapon of choice, It made it difficult to choose over the rockets and the sniper when meeting up with dropship bravo 22 after it crashed as I had to either choose the tool I favor for its marksmen capabilities or the rockets for the power that is required for the hunters and larger/much more heavily armored targets,the part for activating the generators provided a major challenge and focus as frames dropped to at least 5fps to 1fps as my computer is much older(made in 2009. but in the long run this is a very satisfying map, recreates it perfectly bringing loads of new content to the table and new things to explore its amazing work and I hope you continue with this project.


text bloooooob

#36 User is offline   Nate098 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-March 15

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostRabbitFood, on 05 March 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

text bloooooob

Meh just giving a serious response and trust me that's nothing, I have met people who type papers for a simple post... yeah what I posted were I come from would be considered a paragraph maybe, I have seen walls of text before that isnt to much, oh well

#37 User is offline   teh lag 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 16-January 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostInvaderVeex, on 05 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

So will the tag release include a text file of the scripts?


Yes, we will be releasing all of the map's scripts.

#38 User is offline   Idaho 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-October 14

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

Just wanted to say thank you, this map is totally amazing and beautiful, I had a massive boner all the way through playing the map, I can't wait to play SPv3 :)

(The underwater moment similar to what we've seen in Halo 2 was epic guys)

Life as a gamer has become boring these days (especially if like me your favorite genre is linear FPS games with scenarios) and one of the only project that keeps me excited about gaming is your work guys, so I hope you'll give your best for SPv3, I can't wait to see SPv3 trailers at CE3 and I really hope you guys will keep on doing things even after SPv3's release...

This post has been edited by Idaho: 06 March 2015 - 08:26 AM


#39 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 23-February 13
  • LocationATX

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:14 PM

It's been a year since I messed with OS. Can someone direct me to the Folder that contains the readme for 3.1(windows 7)? Also, I'm not sure why it won't let me uninstall it from the control panel.

#40 User is offline   teh lag 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 16-January 11

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostGreatCesar1, on 05 March 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

It's been a year since I messed with OS. Can someone direct me to the Folder that contains the readme for 3.1(windows 7)? Also, I'm not sure why it won't let me uninstall it from the control panel.


The 3.1 files are (for now) still available on the old Google Code page:

https://code.google....120.7z&can=2&q=

Share this topic:


  • 8 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic