Halomods Community Portal: Halo CE SP maps freezing on startup - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo CE SP maps freezing on startup

#1 User is offline   Skyfire7557 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Several days ago my Halo CE starting giving me a huge nagging problem, whenever I attempt to boot up any singleplayer map, the game will either freeze/crash at the loading screen, or it will give me a black screen on which I can usually access dev commands and quit the game from there. I have already tried uninstalling both opensauce and the game itself. And this issue does not persist with any MP maps at all. I can't recall anything I might have done to cause this issue. Here are my computer's specs:

Samsung Gaming Laptop (Series 7)
CPU: Intel i7
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870M
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can anyone help me with this issue? I would really like to be able to play my singleplayer maps again. If it helps at all, the last singleplayer map I remember playing before this issue started was Takedown: Project Lawson (YELO).

#2 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

That is a very weird problem, unfortunately I can't think of anything else to try other than starting fresh with a new install of windows, which is obviously not ideal.

#3 User is offline   Skyfire7557 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 06 April 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

That is a very weird problem, unfortunately I can't think of anything else to try other than starting fresh with a new install of windows, which is obviously not ideal.

Yeah I don't get it either, and I'm really mad because I can't play any SP maps. What the heck is making the game get stuck as soon as the level starts? And why only SP maps? I should mention that for some reason Lumoria_B works just fine, there may be other maps that act this way, but why this one works is beyond me. I'll try testing other maps, but so far, either they will get stuck at the loading screen, freeze upon startup, or just give me a black screen. If I knew how to do so I would upload some screenshots demonstrating the symptoms.

Now that I think more about it, I believe I may have encountered this issue in the past, but it would have been so long ago, and the game has changed a lot since then.

Can you think of anything that might affect/conflict with Halo CE's singleplayer functionality? Any sort of setting or factor that I should probably check?

#4 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

I reinstall halo and that took some of the problems away

#5 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:40 AM

I believe the game has different memory restrictions when in SP mode compared to mp, perhaps something is leaking memory on your system. Try in safe mode. Do SP maps load fine without OS?

#6 User is offline   Skyfire7557 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 07 April 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

I believe the game has different memory restrictions when in SP mode compared to mp, perhaps something is leaking memory on your system. Try in safe mode. Do SP maps load fine without OS?

Without OS they all instantly crash or freeze. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm really tempted to give up... :(

#7 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:21 AM

Try booting the computer in safe mode.

#8 User is offline   Skyfire7557 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 07 April 2015 - 03:21 AM, said:

Try booting the computer in safe mode.

I tried booting the game in safemode...

It allowed me to play the map, albeit with all kinds of graphic degredation and glitches (also without sound). Then when I rebooted the game normally, and reconfigured all my video and audio settings to the highest quality, I tried loading the map again, and it worked! However, I think it was because I had gotten a checkpoint as soon as the mission began, because when I tried restarting the mission, I got the black screen again. Based upon this, I can only assume that something is keeping the game from loading the level somehow, or maybe it is somehow pausing the process of loading the level.

#9 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

Try booting the computer in safe mod (not the game), see if that changes anything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic