Halomods Community Portal: Curious and have a few questions (H2X) - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Curious and have a few questions (H2X)

I am wondering if some things are possible/already done

#1 User is offline   JonGod 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Backstory for questions:
So, I've recently started back up my Halo 2 LAN parties (which I haven't held since like 2005) and since Original Xbox are cheap as heck, I've been slowly picking them up. While I have the mappack disk, the newest maps aren't available, as XBL original was taken down, I looked into softmodding the xboxes that didn't have them to transfer the maps over. I quickly started thinking about other things though.

Questions:
Has anyone ever ported the Halo 2 Vista maps(District, Uplift, Example) to Halo 2 Xbox?

How difficult is it to modify weapon balance over all of multiplayer? I was thinking about trying to tweak the Needlers and Magnum to be more useful in multiplayer, as they are by far the least used weapons.
For the Magnum I just wanted the damage to be the same as it was before any updates. The the needler, I was curious how difficult it was to change how many needles it takes to detonate a player, and the tracking on the needles. Is this stuff fairly difficult?

Sorry if this is dumb question wise, I couldn't find exact answers via google.

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Hey JonGod. To my knowledge, nobody ever ported H2V to Xbox. The community has plenty of capable modders but I don't think there was strong enough interest to warrant it. As for balancing the weapons, any of the available modding tools for H2Xbox can modify the damage per map. I'm unsure of a batch damage change for all maps, but I'd imagine it's in the update.xbe file, but if you're that determined, test it on one map and then you could quickly open, modify sign, save, and transfer all the maps. I don't know exact pre/post patch damages but you could experiment. I've never heard of changing number of needles to detonate, but you could decrease/increase the firing rate, or something along the lines of shooting 2 (or 3) projectiles at once so more hit the target and cause them to explode 2 or 3 times faster.

#3 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

You'll find all the best H2 modders at http://www.remnantmods.com/forums/ let me know when you've registered so I can activate your account.

The needler projectile has a value called "Super Detonation Projectile Count" (currently set to 7)

Grab yourself a copy of Entity: http://www.remnantmo...php?f=10&t=1325
and a set of plugins: http://www.remnantmo....php?f=11&t=443

The remnant folk are always happy to help =)

#4 User is offline   JonGod 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I've been messing around with the tools Google has found, and had mixed luck. I shall sign up to those forums though. Thanks. It's crazy to see how far things have come, I was last on Halo Mods pre-Halo 3. I always loved the third party maps, Cool stuffs. Seems like I missed some of the craziest stuff, Mimesis, all new maps, etc. I look forward to catching up.

I started an account, "Jon God" on the Remnantmods forums.

#5 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

That should be you active on Remnant now =)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic