Halomods Community Portal: Possible to mod Reach for ADS or Halo 5-like Hudlink /zoom? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Possible to mod Reach for ADS or Halo 5-like Hudlink /zoom?

#1 User is offline   MerlinsBeard 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

I know Reach isn't a popular game to mod, or request a mod for, but it is my favorite Halo game. I always felt like Halo needed to have some sort of zoom/ ADS-like system. Halo 5 implemented this in a way that didn't compromise lore, by giving the assault rifle and SMG(in Warzone) a projection scope that functioned more as a HudLink/ 2X zoom system, for aiming...just as in the books. Of course, they did give some guns actual sights, too. Such as the BR and pistol. I figure it should be simple, and you wouldn't have to mod the assault rifle or pistol to have actual sights, but rather just create a small box-like/ circular reticle that zooms in 2-4X, past the weapon you are holding.
Possible? Has this been done?

Halo 4 came close to this feature. There was actually a pointless visor zoom mechanic in the game, but you couldn't shoot while in this mode. Shooting would pop you out of visor and put you back at "hip shooting." So, I would imagine pulling this off in Halo 4 mods would be simple. Just modify the parameter of the game so that you could fire in visor zoom, but with the gun model rendered in, so that you could see the front part of the weapon....just as Halo 5.

This post has been edited by MerlinsBeard: 04 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic